What's new

Discussion Do you think that console minecraft will ever be on the same update as pc?

• Thread starter Koda Brendan
  • Start date
  • Views 1,628
Koda Brendan

Koda Brendan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Title says it all! Do you think that console minecraft will ever be on the same update as pc?

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Title says it all! Do you think that console minecraft will ever be on the same update as pc?
It will be very similar eventually, more people work on the PC version than they do on PC so updates will most likely always be behind. 4j Studios have already said that their aim is to go away from the PC version to make the 2 games different.

V

Vizor_Recoveries2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it will get close, maybe even to a very rough equality with PC. With beacons, enchanted books, anvils, the redstone update, and horses, they are getting close. Almost all the main functionality is there.

thecheater887

thecheater887

Reaction score
Sin$
It will be very similar eventually, more people work on the PC version than they do on PC so updates will most likely always be behind. 4j Studios have already said that their aim is to go away from the PC version to make the 2 games different.
Wrong.

They actually said, and I quote:

"We are aiming to make all three official versions of the game completely identical, but not cross-compatible."

It's somewhere on their official forums, but I'm too tired to dig it up:/

Orginal

Orginal

Minecraft Maniac
Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary Contest Sponsor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No. End Of Story. (4J Will Also Add Exclusive Features Making It NOT The Same Version Or Update)

Plopawert

Plopawert

Fear The Unknown
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I recall reading that they would stay fairly in line with the other versions, but also have their own tweaks for the console version. I, personally, would like to see 4J (once they get mostly caught up) add some features from popular mods (with permission of course) to the console editions.

Cryocynical

Cryocynical

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, Microsoft bought out Mojang.
I'm sure they'll focus their work on Xbox soon to make it more updated.
No idea when, though.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, Microsoft bought out Mojang.
I'm sure they'll focus their work on Xbox soon to make it more updated.
No idea when, though.
As of now they're pretty much equal. The latest update is on par with 1.8 as far as I know.

Laxus

Laxus

Deus
Reaction score
Sin$
They will be *near* the exact same as time goes on. Although, PC will always be ahead as it is now, I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
It is the same version right now. 1.8.X's (pc) features are all present in all of the console editions. (Maybe not Wii U, not too sure and no one cares anyway)

REDxPHOENIX

REDxPHOENIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion console will always be behind because of many reasons, one being that pc is so advanced it would take a very long while for it to catch up, secondly on PC you can use "mods" which expands your gaming environment. Majong are trying their very best to try and make console up to date with pc but it will be very unlikely it will happen any time soon.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion console will always be behind because of many reasons, one being that pc is so advanced it would take a very long while for it to catch up, secondly on PC you can use "mods" which expands your gaming environment. Majong are trying their very best to try and make console up to date with pc but it will be very unlikely it will happen any time soon.
Mojang don't make console minecraft. As of now, they are already up to date. 1.9 will be released in a few weeks though.

REDxPHOENIX

REDxPHOENIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mojang don't make console minecraft. As of now, they are already up to date. 1.9 will be released in a few weeks though.
during the load up of Minecraft xbox edition it shows the logo of Majong, this indicated that they are still developing the game or they are a large sponsor and have a large percent of the business.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
during the load up of Minecraft xbox edition it shows the logo of Majong, this indicated that they are still developing the game or they are a large sponsor and have a large percent of the business.
4J Studios creates every version of Minecraft besides PC and Pocket Edition. Since Mojang are the original creators of the game, that's why their logo is in there.

REDxPHOENIX

REDxPHOENIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
4J Studios creates every version of Minecraft besides PC and Pocket Edition. Since Mojang are the original creators of the game, that's why their logo is in there.
I see, they must still own a percentage of the business.

Top Bottom
Login
Register