Discussion Do you think GTA V will have cross play on xbox one with PC users

Status
Not open for further replies.
kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you watched the Windows 10 event then you will know what I am on about, Did you see the bit when they said on some games Xbox one users can play with or against windows 10 users?
So my question is, do you think GTA V will do this allowing Xbox one users to play with Windows 10 users?

IIOrgazmoII

IIOrgazmoII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They have said already on support no cross platform on gta for any unless they have changed that

kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They have said already on support no cross platform on gta for any unless they have changed that
Well that was before windows 10 announced this, and cause this was kind of "top secret", RockStar might not of known about this untill fairly recently (which could be the real reason of the delay), or might of known about it but just said there will be no cross platform untill Microsoft announced this

M

MrSquiddles2K15

Your Grammar Sucks
Reaction score
Sin$
It will not happen, they CANNOT play cross platform. It is impossible! (Especially if people on PC mod)

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Isnt the new Fable game going to be cross platform? I mean I recall them saying something like that in the trailer.

TinkYaBad

TinkYaBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This will be why PC release was delayed 2 months, because the windows 10 announcement. I still think I'm not gonna bother with PC a release tho, I was disappointed with the XboxOne release wasn't that much difference to the 360 apart from a bit of graphic detail..

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$
No, there will not be cross play. As someone said above, PC gamers like to mod, meaning it'll completely mess up what console gamers see.

kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This will be why PC release was delayed 2 months, because the windows 10 announcement. I still think I'm not gonna bother with PC a release tho, I was disappointed with the XboxOne release wasn't that much difference to the 360 apart from a bit of graphic detail..
this is why i think gta could be delayed
No, there will not be cross play. As someone said above, PC gamers like to mod, meaning it'll completely mess up what console gamers see.
Some xbox users like to mod too, just cause some people like to mod it dont mean it will mess consoles up

EpicBug

EpicBug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It will not happen, they CANNOT play cross platform. It is impossible! (Especially if people on PC mod)
uwotm8? Why won't you be able to play together cross-platform??
It's more of a ''exclusive console'' issue, then a technical issue.

iFrostys

iFrostys

PC Master Race | Stay Frosty!
Reaction score
Sin$
Why are they calling it windows 10 instead of 9?
To stop confusion with Windows 95/98 which is often called Windows 9x. 
Well that was before windows 10 announced this, and cause this was kind of "top secret", RockStar might not of known about this untill fairly recently (which could be the real reason of the delay), or might of known about it but just said there will be no cross platform untill Microsoft announced this
Windows 10 will be cross platform on the $hitty little Windows Live Games from the Game Store that noone ever plays and maybe M$ exclusives... GTA V will almost certainly not be cross platform.

CallummL

CallummL

Valiant Overseer
Reaction score
Sin$

Some xbox users like to mod too, just cause some people like to mod it dont mean it will mess consoles up

You clearly don't understand. PC modders will be able to mod very easily. However Xbox One, not so easy. Therefore if a cross over happened it wouldn't work too well. Game files wouldn't be the same and they wouldn't be compatible.

Thepiratebay

Thepiratebay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its not the complete pc version its a streaming service so they stream the xbox version of the game to your pc

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My opinion:
-Rockstar like $'s
- Cross platform means less console specific sales
i.e. If GTAV went cross platform then no one would need to buy it on PC release, unless they want to mod. They would be able to stay XB1 and play with their friends on PC.
-this means less $'s for Rockstar, so sadly it is most likely going to be a no on that end. Meaning that most folk like myself will end up with 3 copies, old gen, current gen and PC. While Rockstar laugh all the way to the bank lol.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

no... not that kind of mods.
he meant as in super awesome mods, like in skyrim

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope. Cross-platform gaming in today's age will only be on different PC OS's. Consoles will always stick to themselves.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope. Cross-platform gaming in today's age will only be on different PC OS's. Consoles will always stick to themselves.
Agreed, the only reason why micro**** are doing it with fable is because its an exclusive and helps them promote both a game and the new os. which cross gaming will be exclusive to. Just because micro**** do it with their crappy games does not mean we are going to get an influx of cross platform gaming.

Chunk Norris

Chunk Norris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cross platform is definitely possible, War thunder (A free to play game) supports cross platform on PS4 with PC/Mac/Linux players)

Chronium

Chronium

Ɓє уσυяѕєƖf; єνєяуσηє єƖѕє ιѕ αƖяєαɗу тαкєη
Reaction score
Sin$
If you watched the Windows 10 event then you will know what I am on about, Did you see the bit when they said on some games Xbox one users can play with or against windows 10 users?
So my question is, do you think GTA V will do this allowing Xbox one users to play with Windows 10 users?
Impossible! It couldn't happen as they have totally different files and run different code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register