What's new

Discussion Do You Think GTA V PC Will (Officially) Support Mods?

• Thread starter u wot m8
  • Start date
  • Views 1,471
u wot m8

u wot m8

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly think it won't but with the Steam Workshop, there are a lot of things you could do. I think car reskins would be OK as long as they're not licensed and not performance-increasing. Remodels however are a different thing as you can change the physical qualities of a vehicle, but maybe they will do some weird solution where the collision model doesn't change or possibly they will accept community submissions and officially introduce them in-game?

AC010118

AC010118

Purdue Pharma™
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I hope and think Grand Theft Auto V PC will support mods.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't believe they will officially support them, though there will definitely be mods.

Mason

Mason

The numbers, what do they mean?
Reaction score
Sin$
I bet Rockstar would probably not allow them, but there will be mods and they'll probably be chill and be care free like in GTA IV PC.

TheDivineZombie

TheDivineZombie

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They probably won't officially support mods, however that won't stop the community from making mods.

Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
There will definitely be mods, but it'll be questionable whether they'll work on Online. Since it's on Steam, they could use VAC to prevent cheating (at worst, they won't show VAC support on the store page like Dark Souls 2 but people will feel the sting soon enough after release and they'll have to put VAC on the store page. If they do - good bye trainers and anything which injects into the code (hopefully that'll never happen).

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't see it happening I'm afraid :frown:

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure they even came out and said before its release for 360 and PS3 that they support creative mods on the PC.
Even now they support creative mods, why do you think they don't ban you for sh*t like FPS.
Anything that isn't malicious they will support.

u wot m8

u wot m8

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Obviously there's going to be mods, it's a matter of wether they will be officially supported.

Michael 7s

Michael 7s

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Bright Idea Contest Sponsor Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Rockstar Games isn't Valve.
This just answers everyone's question.

GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Capitalism is a dirty business
Reaction score
Sin$
IDGAF weather they support them or not. I'm still gonna mod the **** out of that game

Just Do It

Just Do It

Grand Theft Auto ツ
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They will never support mods, especially when it comes to sex did no one remember back in the days (GTA SA) when they made a V2 because a dutch modder made one of the famous mods: The Hot Coffee Mod. They even made a special page where you can download the patch (only dumbasses would do that) nomorehotcoffee.com

Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They will never support mods, especially when it comes to sex did no one remember back in the days (GTA SA) when they made a V2 because a dutch modder made one of the famous mods: The Hot Coffee Mod. They even made a special page where you can download the patch (only dumbasses would do that) nomorehotcoffee.com

That was a very heavy handed approach by Rockstar though. By creating V2 (and V3 in the case of the Steam copy) in order to get rid of the Hot Coffee mod (a mod which used code they left in the game), they stopped ALL mods. Yes, they couldn't really distinguish from that mod and others but they could have easily patched the game to remove the snippets of code which made the Hot Coffee mod work instead of removing the mod support from everyone and everything.

Top Bottom
Login
Register