Do you think a Patch will come out?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by kantusgrrr, Nov 25, 2008 with 5 replies and 400 views.

1. kantusgrrr

kantusgrrr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Gears 2 has so many flaws which need to be fixed (i.e. shotty sucks and chainsaw=Juggernaut). not to mention getting smoked grenaded on stairs and you dont get up for 10+ seconds. things like this make me get frustrated and shut off my xbox because this game has so much potential.

sooo.... do you think they will make a patch like they have countless times with gears 1?

2. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    yes they will. Shotgun takes true skill now, get used to it. Chainsaw is alittle to easy but improved. Lag, used to happen to me, doesnt anymore. I can find a match within 1 minute. Just like halo3; halo3 took time aswell. I dont see what your complaining about. and if your saying the shotgun sucks, then your probabily not meant for shotgunning all the time, and imjust fine with shotgun. So practice practice practice

3. mullenman1

mullenman1 Newbie

Ratings:
    They will be a patch, but the game just came out. I think they let people experiment more so they don't have to release a patch every 5 minutes. Also, the shotgun is fine, but it aims like a sniper to my experience. The reticule is huge, but if they are not in the exact middle it is a lot less effective. I love the game, and the glitches make it a bit more interesting.:thumbup:

4. OP
    kantusgrrr

kantusgrrr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i can deal with the shotgun being slower and less powerfull dont get me wrong. But two things really grind my gears, 1 is when someone is so close they are almost touching your gun and you blindfire but it does no damage or hits the ground (when your that close you shouldnt need to aim), and 2 is how the shotty loses to the chainsaw 90% of the time. i see people revin and slowly walk up to me so i shoot them at kill distance but its not enought to blow him to pieces or even slow him down.

5. xQwerty

xQwerty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I love the new gameplay, but there are a couple things they could fix
    1) Close range shot gun should lower a chainsaw in 1 shot
    2) Once I was playing and this kid was holding up an invisible body and shooting everyone but no one could kill him, and his little friends were screaming "haha he's using the life force"
    3) Shield w/ any weapon, once people find out about this... ugh...
    4) Medium to long distance a smoke should stun you like a Gears 1 frag, only close range smokes should knock you down.

The problem with the shotgun vs chainsaw is that 1 shotgun shot doesn't lower the chainsaw and the shotgun has a slow rate of fire that you usually can't fire a second shot and some times the second shot still doesn't lower it because if you have time for a second shot it means that your first shot was too far away, so its really just like 1 shot.

6. bartrulz2

bartrulz2 Newbie

Ratings:
    it wont surprise me when everyone found a large amount glitches in gaers 1 it didnt take long for them to fix them.