What's new

Solved Do I Plug It Into This Port Or?

• Thread starter Foos-meels
  • Start date
  • Views 290
F

Foos-meels

Reaction score
Hi, I am a little confused here. I have read so many tutorials on how to flash a BenQ Dvd-Drive and I can't flash it until the Sata Adapter comes in the mail.

Sata Adapter: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160483133169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought that and it will be here in 2 or 3 days, the thing I am confused about is that when I go to hook the drive to the adapter, do I have to go and plug it into a certain port on this adapter or what? Can I just instead plug it into the main one that runs out of the pc? Like so I don't have have my pc open while I do this, I just plug the drive into the back of my pc to the adapter or do I have to open my pc and put the Sata cable into one of the ports other than the main one?

L

leftie712

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use any port you want. All you have to do is select correct port in jungleflasher (if that is what you are going to use) or some other software. Otherwise your DVD drive will not be recognized.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
You need to plug it into a PCI port on your PC motherboard... You might have wanted to look up what you were buying before you bought it. You were better off getting the X360USB, which is a USB to SATA adapter for use with the Xbox 360 DVD drives.

F

Foos-meels

Reaction score
You need to plug it into a PCI port on your PC motherboard... You might have wanted to look up what you were buying before you bought it. You were better off getting the X360USB, which is a USB to SATA adapter for use with the Xbox 360 DVD drives.

I know what I bought, I am not dumb with PC's I build them, well I have built 2 of my PC's. I already know where to put it in the PC I was talking about the Sata Cable plugging into the ports on the Adapter.

Top Bottom