Discussion .dll and .ff

• Thread starter Robert Downey Jr
  • Start date
  • Views 363
Robert Downey Jr

Robert Downey Jr

R-JTAG Owner
Reaction score
I am wondering what are the differences between modifying dlls and ffs? For Call of Duty for an example what are the limitations on them, which ones are capable of mod menus and such? How are each implemented into a xex and able to be ran on a Jtag/Rgh?

ActionScript

ActionScript

XG R4PiDzZ
Grizzled Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
I am wondering what are the differences between modifying dlls and ffs? For Call of Duty for an example what are the limitations on them, which ones are capable of mod menus and such? How are each implemented into a xex and able to be ran on a Jtag/Rgh?

Without going into too much detail, they're completely different, but both used for storing resources and code.

FF's (FastFiles) were used in Call of Duty, to store GSC code and resources. FastFiles have GSC code that could be edited and compiled at runtime.

DLL's (Dynamic Link Libraries) are used on on Microsoft systems, which also contain code and resources. DLL's are often written in C/C++ and are require compiling, then executing from the XEX.

Both are capable of mod menus, but DLL's are the best option for games newer than MW2. The easiest way to make a menu is to modify the GSC code in a FastFile. MW2 is the best to play around on, but must be below Title Update 7.

AR_15xModz

AR_15xModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without going into too much detail, they're completely different, but both used for storing resources and code.

FF's (FastFiles) were used in Call of Duty, to store GSC code and resources. FastFiles have GSC code that could be edited and compiled at runtime.

DLL's (Dynamic Link Libraries) are used on on Microsoft systems, which also contain code and resources. DLL's are often written in C/C++ and are require compiling, then executing from the XEX.

Both are capable of mod menus, but DLL's are the best option for games newer than MW2. The easiest way to make a menu is to modify the GSC code in a FastFile. MW2 is the best to play around on, but must be below Title Update 7.

Nice info bro! That was a great answer to his question. I think I just learned something. Lol

Robert Downey Jr

Robert Downey Jr

R-JTAG Owner
Reaction score
Agreed with AR_15xModz. That's a perfect answer to my question. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wish more people are like you! A lot of people just wanna be d***s assuming you don't know anything.

Top Bottom