• Views 672
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli

GT: Custom Units
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, i was just wondering.. I downloaded an account from someone that had MSP on it, bought 4 camos and the CaC setup, and i didnt license transfer whatsoever, and i have the camos and class thing, and it sticks. i was wondering if i let someone else download that same account and they download the camos and class thing, log onto the main account of the owner, load up The game and sign in theirs if they end up with the camos? If it does work i will open a thread (or use this one) and offer the account for many people to use and get the camos, but there will be requirements. THANKS!

BEST ANSWER:
Ok, this is quite hard to explain, but bare with me. When you buy something, the console you bought it on is the license of it. It's like license transferring, but it's only for the DLC you buy on THAT CONSOLE. So it will not work for anyone else, because it was bought on that console.

Last edited:
Orange Mushroom

Orange Mushroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you willing to let me try haha?

Orange Mushroom

Orange Mushroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ill let you try, but dont try to take my account and let me know when your done, and delete it off your HDD when you're done trying. PM me.
I'm not a ********* or something lol, I'll PM you :smile:

General_Fluttershy

General_Fluttershy

Buy me a name change!
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, i was just wondering.. I downloaded an account from someone that had MSP on it, bought 4 camos and the CaC setup, and i didnt license transfer whatsoever, and i have the camos and class thing, and it sticks. i was wondering if i let someone else download that same account and they download the camos and class thing, log onto the main account of the owner, load up The game and sign in theirs if they end up with the camos? If it does work i will open a thread (or use this one) and offer the account for many people to use and get the camos, but there will be requirements. THANKS,
Ok, this is quite hard to explain, but bare with me. When you buy something, the console you bought it on is the license of it. It's like license transferring, but it's only for the DLC you buy on THAT CONSOLE. So it will not work for anyone else, because it was bought on that console.

Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli

Reaction score
Sin$
Are you Positive?

General_Fluttershy

General_Fluttershy

Buy me a name change!
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you Positive?
Yes, I am for one say I've tried my theory many times. I would give my friend's account to a friend to buy the DLC, then recover it, download it, wouldn't work, so I would license transfer and then it would work. Console licenses are hard to understand, but only you, and the owner of the account can use the DLC you got. Unless someone else licensed transferred that account.

Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I am for one say I've tried my theory many times. I would give my friend's account to a friend to buy the DLC, then recover it, download it, wouldn't work, so I would license transfer and then it would work. Console licenses are hard to understand, but only you, and the owner of the account can use the DLC you got. Unless someone else licensed transferred that account.
Someone DID on the 9th and i just bought the camos and i have them no transfer. so cause i bought them i have the license? or the rights to only those camos

General_Fluttershy

General_Fluttershy

Buy me a name change!
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone DID on the 9th and i just bought the camos and i have them no transfer. so cause i bought them i have the license? or the rights to only those camos
You only have the rights of the DLC you bought on that account. Nothing else. It's a good way to split 1 DLC for 3 people if they're close friends. I have the season pass, so I let my close friend buy them off of the store, my other friend LCed on me, and I got like 6 full games from each of them and all of the packs for BO2. Hell, I think last year we all duped all the mw3 map packs to like 8 dummy accounts and gave them away. haha

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Something that does work with DLC licences is the following senario:

I have my friends account on my console and I purchase something on it. That item will work for every account on my console, and also his profile on any console. So I can use it on my profile on my console and he can use it on his profile anywhere. :wink:

So in your case, it will only work with your console and that profile you bought it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register