What's new

Tutorial [DIY tutorial] Matrix SPI nand flasher upgrade to CPLD (coolrunner/glitch chip) programmer

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 166,379
ragingFox

ragingFox

Reaction score
Sin$
Can I use a 390ohm resistor?

coolguy1224

coolguy1224

Reaction score
Sin$
I hate to be that guy, but i really do not understand what i'm meant to do and i would like some help. i've only soldered before in school so im not too advanced. in the first schematic, what am i soldering? am i just soldering the wires on, or am i putting some of the other things on as well? and am i supposed to connect the flasher and the glitch chip? sorry for the inconvenience, but im really at a loss.

A

abbeyb

Reaction score
Sin$
I am hoping someone here can help me. I have accidentally destroyed a cap on the matrix. Does anyone know the replacement part/value of the capacitor?
cermaic-cap.jpg

Y

yayixbox

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, if you can help me, I will tell you what happens to me:
-I connect the boot to GND and install the drivers
-I do the reading, save and program with the PDFSUSB.exe and everything is correct.
-Then we remove the GND Boot and when I try to install the drivers found in Nand & CoolRunner_Flasher_USB_v1.1 \ XSVF \ LIBUSB_DRIVER
Windows is said to have found drivers for the device, but an error occurred while trying to install them
The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

I am using Windows 10 / 64bit in test mode

Last edited:
P

Pondimus

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I tried to program timing files that are not in this gui. When I program the file the cmd window immediately closes. Why is this and how can I fix it?

F

felipe fgb

Reaction score
Sin$
hola la solicitud de descarga del archivo de programacion , por google drive no funciona :????

Gualdimar

Gualdimar

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. A few additions:
  1. Driver. There is a way to install libusb0 drivers without any problems with signatures on modern systems. There is a tool called zadig that signs and installs the driver for the selected VID/PID on the fly. Version 2.0.1.154 is the latest with libusb0 1.2.5.0
  2. Solder points. No need to solder the wires to the resistors, you can use the pads on the board:
    ProgrAce.jpg
  3. No need to mod the Flasher board. There is a 3v3 point on the board that can be used to power the glitch chip. Or you can power the chip from the console itself: install the chip in the console; connect tms, tdi, tdo, tck and gnd points between the chip and the flasher; connect the console to the power supply but do not switch it on.
    MTX-SPI.jpg
    flash-ace.jpg
  4. Supported glitch ships. With this mod you can programm both 64(matrix, coolrunnner) and 128(ace v3) chips. But you should use xsvf_alt.exe
  5. Flashing NAND. No need to reflash the programmer with the original firmware for NAND flashing. Just solder to the motherboard and use nandpro2b or J-Runner with extras(with MTX Flasher checkbox ticked). There will be no errors when reading or writing NAND.

Top Bottom
Login
Register