What's new

Tutorial [DIY tutorial] Matrix SPI nand flasher upgrade to CPLD (coolrunner/glitch chip) programmer

• Thread starter JoinTheResistance
  • Start date
  • Views 166,364
GraFfiX

GraFfiX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Aurora or FSD.

Pretty slim, especially, if you have dashlaunch installed.

Your options are dual nand or stealth server/offline files (not really recommended).

USB, FTP or Neighborhood (probably other ways as well).

No need, just install dashlaunch and make sure liveblock and livestrong are enabled. You can also use the family settings tab on top of that, just to be extra safe.

If you're soldering, yeah. But it's a piece of cake if you have a solderless clip.

Sorry man, can't chat while sleeping! :tongue:

Thank you sir! I've yet to install anything on the 360 lol, I may grab a dual nand before I do anything with it, nonetheless, I have downloaded the dashes you suggested and will be installing them first. Thanks again!

GraFfiX

GraFfiX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Aurora or FSD.

Pretty slim, especially, if you have dashlaunch installed.

Your options are dual nand or stealth server/offline files (not really recommended).

USB, FTP or Neighborhood (probably other ways as well).

No need, just install dashlaunch and make sure liveblock and livestrong are enabled. You can also use the family settings tab on top of that, just to be extra safe.

If you're soldering, yeah. But it's a piece of cake if you have a solderless clip.

Sorry man, can't chat while sleeping! :tongue:

Took the plunge today, installed dashlaunch and FSD3, went pretty smoothly, the only caveat was I couldn't get USBXTAFGUI working, the tutorials I found related to how to format a USB drive for Xbox 360 usage were all old, as the options contained in them are no longer in the current (17511) dash. Luckily, I have an iMac that has a burner, so I burnt XeXMenu-1.1 to a DVD then used that to install everything else. So, now it's working, I'm going to backup my games to the xbox now so I don't have to break out discs anymore.

Still looking for a source for the Xecuter DemoN for the slim trinity, I have found some in China but they all seem to be for the corona's only, any suggestions on where to source a DemoN that's compatible with a slim trinity?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Where is the "Program Device thing at?
bandicam_2015_04_21_19_15_31_486.jpg

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Link and images have been fixed.

W

wwenze

Reaction score
Sin$
I see this method is to essentially change the Matrix flasher from a 5V I/O device to a 3.3V I/O device, plus adding a regulated 3.3Vcc for the slave device.

Do I use 3.3V mode or 5V mode to flash the XBox NAND?

More specifically, connecting from motherboard to XEJ pin, do I take the point before the regulator, or after the regulator?

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
I see this method is to essentially change the Matrix flasher from a 5V I/O device to a 3.3V I/O device, plus adding a regulated 3.3Vcc for the slave device.
Not exactly, we're only modifying one of the I/Os the rest are still on 5V. I'm pretty sure I even measured them once.
Do I use 3.3V mode or 5V mode to flash the XBox NAND?

More specifically, connecting from motherboard to XEJ pin, do I take the point before the regulator, or after the regulator?
With a zener diode it works on 3.3V, but I'm not sure, when it comes to a voltage regulator. Actually, I'm pretty sure it needs to be connected before the regular.

E

EPhileyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man, the mod works really well. Nandx for a fraction of the cost.
Excuse my terrible soldering, firstly i am using very cheap chinese solder, because my good quality ran out. Also i think my soldering iron has drifted off calibration in all these years of use. 350 degrees is more like 450.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man, the mod works really well. Nandx for a fraction of the cost.
Wow, nice setup! :thumbsup: Glad it's working out so well for you! :smile:
Btw, does that matrix glitcher have a second chip or pre-applied double sided tape on the bottom?
Excuse my terrible soldering, firstly i am using very cheap chinese solder, because my good quality ran out. Also i think my soldering iron has drifted off calibration in all these years of use. 350 degrees is more like 450.
Nah, man... looks good! Just clean it up a bit with some isopropyl alcohol and it's done! :wink:

E

EPhileyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, nice setup! :thumbsup: Glad it's working out so well for you! :smile:
Btw, does that matrix glitcher have a second chip or pre-applied double sided tape on the bottom?

Nah, man... looks good! Just clean it up a bit with some isopropyl alcohol and it's done! :wink:
Yes, it had a second chip on the bottom. It was under some double sided tape before genius me took it off

E

EPhileyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, it had a second chip on the bottom. It was under some double sided tape before genius me took it off
Xlinx 2C64A, can this chip have something to do with why it didn't work for me? I have tried both RGH2 and 1.2 wiring, but it didn't work. Tried all alternate points on both the chip, and mobo, didn't work. Tried every timing file, and wire placement. I got a refund for the chip, as I think it might be the chip faulty.

W

wmasta

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! Thank You for this mod and tutorial!
I've read the thread, but it's still unclear to me, to read and write xbox nand with modded programmer i should use this schematic?
2c3b3efdd84491e1809b0f3576c29b43o.png

Schematic from tutorial is for rgh chips only?

p.s. have no idea how to insert image here, the question is should i connect it to xbox like with unmodded matrix programmer?

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! Thank You for this mod and tutorial!
I've read the thread, but it's still unclear to me, to read and write xbox nand with modded programmer i should use this schematic?
2c3b3efdd84491e1809b0f3576c29b43o.png

p.s. have no idea how to insert image here, the question is should i connect it to xbox like with unmodded matrix programmer?
Yes, that's the schematic that you should use, both with a modded and a not modded matrix nand flasher.
No, the nand read/write schematic is the same for all consoles.

bobthecooldad

bobthecooldad

Reaction score
Sin$
Could i power the coolrunner 3.3v from an arduino and then not require the diode and resistor ?
Also how would i use j runner to program the glitcher (dont understand what firmware to push to the coolrunner (thought the j runner made one))

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Could i power the coolrunner 3.3v from an arduino and then not require the diode and resistor ?
Yes, but you can also power it though the 360 itself.
Also how would i use j runner to program the glitcher (dont understand what firmware to push to the coolrunner (thought the j runner made one))
You can't use Jrunner to flash the glitch chip, with this modified programmer. You can either use the command prompt based program or you can use the GUI, I made for it. Both are linked in the OP.

M

Madeinpavao

Reaction score
Sin$
After i´ve made the conversion of the Matrix SPI to this Nand$coolrunnerflasher, i´m not being able to use it as a nand programer.
The AutoGG software does not reconize it. What can I do? I need to flash the nand again

M

Madeinpavao

Reaction score
Sin$
it Will only work for nand reading and writing through Jrunner? Becouse i´m not beeing able to open the Jrunner, couse it says a Connection Error and crashes. Can someone help?

Top Bottom
Login
Register