Solved Display text for each option?

• Thread starter Axificial
  • Start date
  • Views 591
A

Axificial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new to modding really, and especially WaW.
I'd like to work on a WaW .svg mod menu. But the only text and video tuts I can find are ****** back button starts it then dpad up,left,right,down does something then back moves to the next binds. But what I want is to create one that works like Dvar x v5, or Fyrepit, or any of the popular menus, where it is actually a menu. But I can't figure out how to do it, thanks for any help.

A

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score
I'd like to work on a WaW .svg mod menu. But the only text and video tuts I can find are ****** back button starts it then dpad up,left,right,down does something then back moves to the next binds. But what I want is to create one that works like Dvar x v5, or Fyrepit, or any of the popular menus, where it is actually a menu. But I can't figure out how to do it, thanks for any help.
Here is a suggestion. DO not make .svg mod menus. Make gsc mod menus. Lots better and also not ****.

A

Axificial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a suggestion. DO not make .svg mod menus. Make gsc mod menus. Lots better and also not ****.

.gsc? I do not have a RGH/JTAG, therefore .svg is the only way?

A

Auschwitz Guard

Banned
Reaction score
Get the game for pc and enjoy.

Or how about you stop talking aton of crap and answer the question?

Axe, sir. How dedicated are you towards this? Do you want to go the professional route, or the easy route? The professional route will make it easier for you to write your own savegame editors in the future, you will have to learn the basics of programming, and obviously going into the advanced stages. It will take a couple of months, then you can get into reverse engineering files. This way, you can learn how the file works, in order to alter things to your liking, which is how savegame apps work anyway, and the easy route is to just download cracked modio or horizon or whatever crap people use now, and make a crappy menu.

A

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score

Axe, sir. How dedicated are you towards this? Do you want to go the professional route, or the easy route? The professional route will make it easier for you to write your own savegame editors in the future, you will have to learn the basics of programming, and obviously going into the advanced stages. It will take a couple of months, then you can get into reverse engineering files. This way, you can learn how the file works, in order to alter things to your liking, which is how savegame apps work anyway, and the easy route is to just download cracked modio or horizon or whatever crap people use now, and make a crappy menu.
Rude.
You can just run gsc code through the pc version as a mod. The pc version has mod support. You can then port that over to xbox.
I have written a lot of documenting on the cod 5 language gsc. And I continually help out all cod modding communities.

Here are a few I have either written or helped / moderated:
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Syntax_And_Grammar
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Basics
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Common_Tasks
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_CoD_Script_Handbook
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference

There is more of them if you would like them.

I

its_Deadlysins

Reaction score

Just plain rude I think you should apologize to A AoKMiKeY after all he is one of the nicest people here on se7enins for supporting modders to keep working on mods. All though svg modding for waw is not as popular I would say start with it to help your self learn. Even if it is a drag which it can be. Second of all A Axificial I would look in to making .gsc work there is much more you can do. It would probably be used a lot more then a svg. Do continue working on a svg though first. If you would like some help pm me and i will look into how to make a svg as i don't make them and I will try to help you out latter tonight if i have the time.

A

Auschwitz Guard

Banned
Reaction score
Rude.
You can just run gsc code through the pc version as a mod. The pc version has mod support. You can then port that over to xbox.
I have written a lot of documenting on the cod 5 language gsc. And I continually help out all cod modding communities.

Here are a few I have either written or helped / moderated:
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Syntax_And_Grammar
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Basics
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Scripting_Common_Tasks
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_CoD_Script_Handbook
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference

There is more of them if you would like them.
Just plain rude I think you should apologize to A AoKMiKeY after all he is one of the nicest people here on se7enins for supporting modders to keep working on mods. All though svg modding for waw is not as popular I would say start with it to help your self learn. Even if it is a drag which it can be. Second of all A Axificial I would look in to making .gsc work there is much more you can do. It would probably be used a lot more then a svg. Do continue working on a svg though first. If you would like some help pm me and i will look into how to make a svg as i don't make them and I will try to help you out latter tonight if i have the time.

GSC is legit the visual basic version of C, its so simple and pointless. Btw, not everyone has a good enough PC to run games, thats why I said why go off topic, and just answer the question. And to the other guy, take your tongue out his arse, for one you don't even know who I am, so why should I apologise to some guy who makes crappy GSC ****? Reverse engineering is where its at, not this game scripting stripped down C crap. Looking into Savegame modding, is actually being more of an actual modder than all this GSC crap - why? Because it takes actual reverse engineering, it takes programming knowledge. You have fast files with open source applications to check out their contents with EVERYTHING in-front of you, every GSC function on WaW.

I

its_Deadlysins

Reaction score
GSC is legit the visual basic version of C, its so simple and pointless. Btw, not everyone has a good enough PC to run games, thats why I said why go off topic, and just answer the question. And to the other guy, take your tongue out his arse, for one you don't even know who I am, so why should I apologise to some guy who makes crappy GSC ****? Reverse engineering is where its at, not this game scripting stripped down C crap. Looking into Savegame modding, is actually being more of an actual modder than all this GSC crap - why? Because it takes actual reverse engineering, it takes programming knowledge. You have fast files with open source applications to check out their contents with EVERYTHING in-front of you, every GSC function on WaW.

Wow crappy he makes a lot of great menus. A lot of talk of reverse engineering from you mr Auschwitz Guard. You must be extern, T.G.K or bitwise @

A

Auschwitz Guard

Banned
Reaction score
Wow crappy he makes a lot of great menus. A lot of talk of reverse engineering from you mr Auschwitz Guard. You must be extern, T.G.K or bitwise @

Well, that you got spot on my good man. Now, the real question is...which one am I??? :o :o :o

A

AoKMiKeY

I am not a man.
Reaction score
Ha.

V

vRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What the f/uck are you even doing, the OP probably just wants to have a little fun modding SVG files here and there, not make a career for himself. Also what's with all the snobbishness and down-talking, you're on a Call of Duty modding forum you absolute manchild, I bet you have a neckbeard

C

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Come on now children.

A

Auschwitz Guard

Banned
Reaction score
What the f/uck are you even doing, the OP probably just wants to have a little fun modding SVG files here and there, not make a career for himself. Also what's with all the snobbishness and down-talking, you're on a Call of Duty modding forum you absolute manchild, I bet you have a neckbeard

People like you are why scenes die out. Okay, let's imagine all the internet in where ever he lived cut out, he was only offline, couldn't download anything. How do you think apps are made, dumba**? By developers, by saying that you openly support leeching open source. In today's world, programming is taking over, programming is hot **** and can make you rich, same as gaming. So why not learn some actual skill that could help you in life some day, instead of just downloading crap and asking **** like this on 7s? I even asked, how dedicated are you too this? I told him the advanced route and the simple route, if he wants to go simple by all means, go ahead. But that's why threads like this still exist, fools like you just expect everything on a plate ready for you like you have some privileges over developers, perhaps you're just living with an old mindset, you know, everyone back in the day was an ignorant, non logical leech. I could say the same to you about "down talking", you just did it to me you idiot lmfao. So saying GSC isn't **** in the real world, is talking down and being a snob? Lmao this isn't Facebook, stop saying bulls*** for likes.

V

vRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People like you are why scenes die out. Okay, let's imagine all the internet in where ever he lived cut out, he was only offline, couldn't download anything. How do you think apps are made, dumba**? By developers, by saying that you openly support leeching open source. In today's world, programming is taking over, programming is hot **** and can make you rich, same as gaming. So why not learn some actual skill that could help you in life some day, instead of just downloading crap and asking **** like this on 7s? I even asked, how dedicated are you too this? I told him the advanced route and the simple route, if he wants to go simple by all means, go ahead. But that's why threads like this still exist, fools like you just expect everything on a plate ready for you like you have some privileges over developers, perhaps you're just living with an old mindset, you know, everyone back in the day was an ignorant, non logical leech. I could say the same to you about "down talking", you just did it to me you idiot lmfao. So saying GSC isn't **** in the real world, is talking down and being a snob? Lmao this isn't Facebook, stop saying bulls*** for likes.

I don't want to read all of that

K

Katiie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can help you out, I've done it for a while

A

Axificial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come back a while later and WW3 is on here, thankyou all for the replies, i'll pm a couple of you

Top Bottom