disk reading problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Targetguy, Jan 27, 2009 with 12 replies and 354 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Targetguy

Targetguy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My xbox 360 reads only certain disks. but some of my favorite games the console wont read them it loads them up about half way then says that the disk is unreadable. if theres a fix please tell me about it.

2. Hackingandmodding

Hackingandmodding Getting There

Ratings:
    Well first you have to look if the disc is dirty or damaged.(Captain Obvious)!

If that doesnt work then you might have hurt the disk tray did you ever pop it out with a paper clip or something if so that might be your problem and you would need to send it in to be repaired.

3. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    You know that happens to me alot too but only with certian games. mostly GH3, but my disk is spotless. I solved it by installing the game to my HDD.

4. Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
    Yeh about that installing on your HD its kinda pointless you need the disk to start up anyway.

5. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    If you were paying attention, he said that it loads and plays but half way through it says its unreadable, and if you know how the install to HDD thing works, you would know that yes, you need the disk , but it only scans the security checks to make sure its the game you are trying to play from the HDD is the same game that is currently in your dvd drive. As an example, my copy of halo 3 recently cracked nearly in half but remained intact around the center, which is where the drive starts to read the disk from, so i went to my local video store, rented halo 3 , copied it to my HDD and poped in my cracked disk and it played fine because it was able to get the necisary info from the disk to allow the game to play frome the HDD.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
    Paying attention? Did you even read what i said

7. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    make a cracked disk? wtf no i cracked it meaning i stepped on it by accident like i litterally cracked the disk. lol and i dont see how opening the disk tray with a paper clip could messup the laser which actually reads the disk....but idk...if im like totally wrong and im not making anysense just gimmie a break im on my 5th shot of patron lol

8. Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
    Cant argue with a drunk man, but he could have opened the drive witha paperclip and the bottom my friend had done this to me before and I had my 360 repaired.

9. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    hmm ok then, gimmie a second to take my foot out of my mouth for my other post. lol

10. Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
  11. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    ok cool. dude whats ur sig its trippin me out?

12. Hackingandmodding

Ratings:
    My signature is my opinion of our justice system and what real justice is.

13. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    no not that , i can read lol i mean the pic its like a shadow but it looks like its touching her. is it form a movie or something/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.