DISK DRIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by amandab, Nov 17, 2008 with 3 replies and 502 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amandab

amandab Newbie

Ratings:
    My husband has a 360 and in the last few days, the disk drive has not been spinning disks, or reading them. We were wondering if we could replace the disk drive and still be able to play online, because the research that we have done says we would have to flash a new disk drive. Does anyone know if we can replace the disk drive, flash it and still be able to play online?

2. Noah ATR

Noah ATR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You would have to buy another drive then, but yes it should be possible...

Flashed drives are able to go online, if you look at one of the many ban threads, you can easily see that :smile:

3. waffle11

waffle11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If it is still under its original year long warrenty I wouldnt rip it open personally. Flashing the new drive honestly would do little for you unless you wanted to play backed up games. This is because the new drive will not work correctly with your xbox until you dump the drive key from your old drive into the new one (I think). I dont know the specfics of how this process goes, but I am sure someone on se7ensins can help you further.

Good Luck

4. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    You'd need to spoof the drive. I can help if you seriously want to do it. Just PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.