What's new

Solved Disk Drive button broken (Can't boot into Xell?)

• Thread starter AGR Modz
  • Start date
  • Views 1,212
AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
last week i actually done a window mod on my xbox slim trintiy and i took the face plate of and i took the ribbon cable of the bit where the light is for the power button it kinda got a bit munted up and somehow the power button still works and the disk drive doesn't, If any of you guys know the problem to that please tell me.
Also if i can't fix that how would i boot into xell? can i change that somewhere? I heard you can boot into xell by plugging a wired controller in the back of the console and turn the controller on. but im not sure if i should go and buy myself a wired controller to find out it doesnt work....
Thanks the help!

XeXLosSantos

XeXLosSantos

MALK
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a spot on the bottom left corner of the RF board (The piece the ribbon cabled attached to) touch around the left corner on the bottom, sometimes the console will power on, and sometimes the console will eject.

Touch Here:
75ede3ab6cd0fc347494862dc95abca2.png

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a spot on the bottom left corner of the RF board (The piece the ribbon cabled attached to) touch around the left corner on the bottom, sometimes the console will power on, and sometimes the console will eject.

Touch Here:
75ede3ab6cd0fc347494862dc95abca2.png
I don't know what to say!!!
Thanks so much i was going to buy a new ribbon cable.... :tongue:
THANK YOU!!!
(I would prefer if the eject button would still work tho lol. but good enough)

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe there is also USB compatible Xell launchers? Not entirely sure. Read something similiar to a usb xell launcher somewhere or other

A cow in space

A cow in space

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to smack my xbox to get it to open and well it worked but with xell i had to hold the button down a smack my xbox a million times then maybe 10 percent of the time it booted fine XD

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can rebuid your nand to boot xell with a different option. There are about 6 different options to choose from.

How to:

Open your nand in xebuild GUI

Click "Switch to Advanced Mode" in the top left.

Then go to the top right and click "Xebuild Settings"

Click "Page 2"

And the first option will let you change your xell boot options. Choose what you want. Then create your nand normally.

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can rebuid your nand to boot xell with a different option. There are about 6 different options to choose from.

How to:

Open your nand in xebuild GUI

Click "Switch to Advanced Mode" in the top left.

Then go to the top right and click "Xebuild Settings"

Click "Page 2"

And the first option will let you change your xell boot options. Choose what you want. Then create your nand normally.
Cheers bro

R

RyRwl16

Official CoD Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't you also boot into Xell from Dashlaunch folder, in my dashlaunch folder, there is a sub folder call "Xell Reloaded" with an .xex in it, I haven't tested it yet though, Good luck to ya man!

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't you also boot into Xell from Dashlaunch folder, in my dashlaunch folder, there is a sub folder call "Xell Reloaded" with an .xex in it, I haven't tested it yet though, Good luck to ya man!
Yes, that works as well, but you also need to have xell in a .bin format in that same folder. It might work without the .bin file on a JTAGed console, but RGH consoles need it.

AGR Modz

AGR Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i know you can do that but what if my console gets a bad dump or something the next time i update it? i can't really fix it unless i can boot in to XELL.

Top Bottom
Login
Register