What's new

Discussion Disconnects My Wireless Constantly!

• Thread starter x Freedom x
  • Start date
  • Views 308
X

x Freedom x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Windows 7 keeps disconnecting my wireless almost every 15-180 minutes.

I am not really sure what the problem could be I am using a Linksys WRT54G Wireless router and I am using a Linksys Wireless Adapter which I connect through USB.

Operating System
  1. Windows
Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same router and I don't have any problems. Try updating the router's firmware and updated the wireless adapter driver.

X

x Freedom x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bump, Still having the same problem! Tried updating firmware still having troubles.

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have this problem on any other computers in your house? If you do then you need to contact your ISP, if you don't then it's a problem with your wireless adapter, not your router.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
This was the problem I was getting on my 54G before it finally died. Two things to try:
- Upgrading the firmware (even if it's the latest version, upgrade to latest version).
- Plug through LAN.

Some 54g routers will just die, but that doesn't mean that the problem could be originating with other wireless problems.

X

x Freedom x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 2 other computers in my house, Neither of them gets disconnected.
I tried switching the Wireless Adapter not to long ago and it did nothing.

I am almost 100% certain that it is Windows 7 causing this problem because it started to occur the day I installed the beta.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have a cap card or your connections bridged? My pinnacle DVD recorder seems to screw up my computer if I boot up my computer with it connected. I have the same setup except I have XP installed but this could be the problem. I would also try unplugging everything in your usb ports except obviously your mouse, keyboard and adapter and restart it to see if that works.

Top Bottom
Login
Register