Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
K

Korgan 360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to hotswap my EFLC disc, but every time I put the modded disc+magnet on it stops spinning, but the laser keeps trying to read the disc and it just makes some odd electronic sounds. The discs aren't in that bad of condition, I hotswap fairly well. This is my first hotswap. I have never touched the laser and have been extremely careful with it, the SATA and power cables are hooked up correctly to the drive (I can play the EFLC disc). I've tried CPRing my Xbox (spinning the disc manually to jumpstart it), but either I can't get it going fast enough or it's just being difficult with me. Should I just sink some money into buying a flashed drive so I don't have to hotswap anymore? Honestly I'm getting worried about destroying my Xbox or one of the discs, and I don't want to have my Xbox open and exposed to the elements as it is for much longer. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :smile:

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to hotswap my EFLC disc, but every time I put the modded disc+magnet on it stops spinning, but the laser keeps trying to read the disc and it just makes some odd electronic sounds. The discs aren't in that bad of condition, I hotswap fairly well. This is my first hotswap. I have never touched the laser and have been extremely careful with it, the SATA and power cables are hooked up correctly to the drive (I can play the EFLC disc). I've tried CPRing my Xbox (spinning the disc manually to jumpstart it), but either I can't get it going fast enough or it's just being difficult with me. Should I just sink some money into buying a flashed drive so I don't have to hotswap anymore? Honestly I'm getting worried about destroying my Xbox or one of the discs, and I don't want to have my Xbox open and exposed to the elements as it is for much longer. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :smile:
It would be easier and safer. I haven't hotswaped in a while so I can't really comment on anything you should be doing differently because the method changes through dash versions.

X

Xxfearzzxxlz

Getting There
Reaction score
Ok make sure when you put the retail game in let it spin for a while. When the laser cuts off then hotswap the disk and download it to harddrive. That's how I do it! Let me know if that works

O

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Reaction score
Ok make sure when you put the retail game in let it spin for a while. When the laser cuts off then hotswap the disk and download it to harddrive. That's how I do it! Let me know if that works
This is probably the best way. I was assuming the OP tried this already :biggrin:

Top Bottom