Solved Disc Reading Error

• Thread starter xTgCxBUNKERKING
  • Start date
  • Views 666
X

xTgCxBUNKERKING

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so on my old samsung DVD drive when i would put in a game, a white screen would pop up saying this is an xbox 360 game, to play it , put it in an xbox 360 console. I mean wtf?? Ok so i ordered a new samsung drive and i plug it up, and it says the same thing!!! I thought it was a lense malfunction or something but now my brand new drive is doing the same thing. Does anyone know what is going on here? Need help please.

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my first 360 had this problem, it meant my dvd drive was breaking. i didnt get a new drive, sent it back got a new one that works fine. after reading your case i imagine it is a bad drive or software directly related to it and the disk is probably damaged.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You know.... He said he got a second drive. It wouldn't make sense that a brand new drive would have the same problem which means that it is a problem with the 360 itself and not the drive OR there's a problem with the disk.

X

xTgCxBUNKERKING

Reaction score
Sin$
The Disc that i used is brand new and doesn't have a scratch on it. I also used my 5 other disc's and the only place that they have been is in my xbox and in their cases. And some more information that might also help. I have owned this 360 for over a year now and this just started happening. At first it was disc reading error here and there, but now its doing this. Another thing, when i leave to go back to the dashboard, at the very bottom where it shows what game you have in, it says " PLAY DVD". I do not have any copied xbox 360 games by the way. I called tech support and they had no idea what was going on. I am pretty good with computers and technical stuff and i can't find out why this is happening. The only major components are the CPU and GPU and ofcourse the GPU would not be the cause of this and i can not think of how the CPU would be.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
mhmm, now with the part where it says "Play DVD" From my experiences of technical support and know-how, That means that the drive you are using can recognize the disk, but there's a problem with the system itself that prevents it from reading the correct disk.
Now, please try to play a DVD movie in your 360. Any movie is fine, but i would recommend one above the 7.5 GB size just to eliminate variables.

X

xTgCxBUNKERKING

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i put a dvd in and it played fine. Ive been looking for other people that have had the same problem as me and I have found some but there are no awnsers there so im still stuck.

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You cant just swap DVD drives, they are linked to the motherboard with a drive key, you need to extract the key from the old drive and flash that key into the new drives firmware for it to work.

X

xTgCxBUNKERKING

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah im going to just send it in since i cannot fix the problem myself. I will flash the new drive but this will not fix the problem. If anyone has a solution for future uses for people that have the same problem please post. Im going to see if i can talk to someone that works on them and see what the problem was because Abdul from India apparently does not.

Top Bottom
Login
Register