Different looking projectiles

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by ImSuk, Nov 15, 2008 with 4 replies and 331 views.

1. ImSuk

ImSuk Newbie

Ratings:
    I know this is probably like the most nubbie question but how do i change the look of a projectile? like for example- a rocket projectile looks like a brute plasma rifle(like the actual gun) and have nonmodders be able to see it?

2. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    im not sure. its probly a dependency in the proj tag, but it might be the model. ill look at it later. but do you want to shoot the actual gun itself?
    because if you do just change the proj of w/e weapon your modding to the brute plasma rifle

3. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    If you want the projectile to look like the gun but still do damage then you would change the hlmt of the projectile to the hlmt of the gun/object you want it to look like. If you want to shoot the gun it self so you can pick it up and use it then you need to change the weapons projectile to the gun. If your doing it the second way the only way to make it visible for non modders is with uber visible projectiles tool or a visible patch for the map your modding if its the first was then you might beable to copy the meta offset of the projectile and paste it over the meta offset of the gun itself then change the hlmt back to what ever gun it was then use uber visible projectile tool.

4. OP
    ImSuk

ImSuk Newbie

Ratings:
    ya i ment the first way

go to 4:10 in this movie [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHcLdD1a2fs]YouTube - Halo 2 mods with Chief Joboo[/ame] and just keep watching untill you hear something about killer bees(it's only like 4 seconds after 4:10)

5. SerpantSlayer

SerpantSlayer Getting There

Ratings: