Discussion Different kinds of J-Tags

• Thread starter Mr-Blastfactor
  • Start date
  • Views 795
M

Mr-Blastfactor

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, i am thinking about getting a j-tag... i do not know which one to get though, i would do things like: mod black ops in some ways, map. mod halo reach, and do some other stuff to random games. what kind of j-tag would be good for that stuff, what would they cost and what would a reliable source be to get them from...

also, would i be able to do that stuff online at all? and if so, where would i be able to get KV's and how much does each one cost?

michael1026

michael1026

Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by Type of JTAG? Like Xenon, Jasper, Opus, or Zypher? Also, JTAGs can't go online anymore.

ConsoleHackers

ConsoleHackers

Member Since 2010
Forum Addict Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Jasper Jtag has the least chance of RROD its the best.
2. B/S/T you can see it after 10 posts.
3. There is no current way of getting online even with a kv.

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Jasper Jtag has the least chance of RROD its the best.
2. B/S/T you can see it after 10 posts.
3. There is no current way of getting online even with a kv.
Pretty much somes it up, but if you ain't worried about rrod and don't plan on over using it then get a xenon, if not falcon is the next step up. And if you have alot of money and plan on using your jtag alot get a jasper.

M

Mr-Blastfactor

Reaction score
Sin$
oh... i did not know that you couldnt go online with them anymore... so what are some things that people are doing with j-tags offline, because it seems like online is the only way to use a j-tag haha

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
oh... i did not know that you couldnt go online with them anymore... so what are some things that people are doing with j-tags offline, because it seems like online is the only way to use a j-tag haha
No, you can use a JTAG offline just the same as online. Jtags are the best, and they were really meant for offline play.

Lagoria

Lagoria

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, i am thinking about getting a j-tag... i do not know which one to get though, i would do things like: mod black ops in some ways, map. mod halo reach, and do some other stuff to random games. what kind of j-tag would be good for that stuff, what would they cost and what would a reliable source be to get them from...

also, would i be able to do that stuff online at all? and if so, where would i be able to get KV's and how much does each one cost?
Before you even start, they can NOT go online, and KV's are useless now. If that did not drive you off, than i would suggest making your own. If you buy one and you know nothing about it, you will probibly mess something up and not know what to do. Jaspers are the best, hands down, but if you don't feel like learning anything, than our b/s/t section is pretty damn reliable. I just read your second post, you can do everything you just named in your title and more.

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't buy one if that's what you think,
there's endless emulators and xlink which is live basically but for free, and you can play games when they get released early on sites :0

michael1026

michael1026

Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Look into Halo 3/Reach .Map modding, lots of fun, and you don't need to go online.

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No, you can use a JTAG offline just the same as online. Jtags are the best, and they were really meant for offline play.
No they really weren't. The freeboot team knew that kids would cheat online. Most of them support online cheating. If they didn't intend on people cheating online they would have disabled LIVE access.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No they really weren't. The freeboot team knew that kids would cheat online. Most of them support online cheating. If they didn't intend on people cheating online they would have disabled LIVE access.
First of all, the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot. ikari stepped down and they were strongly against online cheating. Second of all, the disability of online have nothing to do with the rebooter. It's all server side checks that the Jtag cannot pass. Last, it's not a freeboot, it's a rebooter in which is fbBuild 0.1

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot. ikari stepped down and they were strongly against online cheating. Second of all, the disability of online have nothing to do with the rebooter. It's all server side checks that the Jtag cannot pass. Last, it's not a freeboot, it's a rebooter in which is fbBuild 0.1
Lolwut

the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot
sigged btw

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Lolwut. People like you are the reason people like me call this website sevenskids

You have NO idea what you are talking about. freeBOOT .04 was not made by Team freeBOOT. iKari did not make this freeboot. They were against going online. That is why they made it so freeboot .032 could not swap KVs. It was later able to due to modding by another individual. Everything Mocking Da Bird says is correct, except for fbBuild .11 of course. It is freeBOOT .04, but fbBuild .11 generates it.

sigged btw

You know how stupid that makes you look?

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You have NO idea what you are talking about. freeBOOT .04 was not made by Team freeBOOT. iKari did not make this freeboot. They were against going online. That is why they made it so freeboot .032 could not swap KVs. It was later able to due to modding by another individual. Everything Mocking Da Bird says is correct, except for fbBuild .11 of course. It is freeBOOT .04, but fbBuild .11 generates it.

You know how stupid that makes you look?
the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot. That makes me look dumb? k

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot. That makes me look dumb? k

-_- you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Sad to hear the rumor of ikari stepping down, and even sadder to hear
of the profiteers taking advantage of this... we bring you a tribute
to ikari. If you paid for this, get a refund

Credits:
========
Without ikari this would not have been possible, thanks!
__ ____ ___ ___ _____
/ _|_ __ ___ ___| __ ) / _ \ / _ \_ _|
| |_| '__/ _ \/ _ \ _ \| | | | | | || |
| _| | | __/ __/ |_) | |_| | |_| || |
|_| |_| \___|\___|____/ \___/ \___/ |_|
[v0.04 - inspired by ikari]
R.I.P.

Thanks and greetz to everyone who has contributed to hacking this
wonderful machine. Thanks to the engineers and countless others who made
the machine what it is... we only wish they had listened and RROD was
not a problem.

Big thanks to the folks at #freeboot on efnet for the tireless
hours of help you all give freely. Big thanks to the testers who made
sure stuff worked.

Don't believe what random people *cough* write on forums ..

That's pinned in this section. That is the read me from fbBuild .11.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
the freeboot team didn't make the freeboot

Nope. It was another group. They decided to call it freeBOOT .04 in honor of iKari and the freeBOOTs he made before.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My "Mr. Nice Guy" award doesn't come in this scenario, but Jwow, you're an idiot.

Top Bottom
Login
Register