What's new

Solved Differences between modding usermaps and .maps?

Ares

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I used to have the Halo 3 disc and a USB Flash Drive for modding usermaps, but right now, I'm downloading Halo 3 from Games on Demand and I just got a transfer cable so I believe I can now mod .map files, but what exactly is the point of pointing .map files without a Jtag? Is it even possible to mod .maps without a JTag? I'm confused....:blink:

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I used to have the Halo 3 disc and a USB Flash Drive for modding usermaps, but right now, I'm downloading Halo 3 from Games on Demand and I just got a transfer cable so I believe I can now mod .map files, but what exactly is the point of pointing .map files without a Jtag? Is it even possible to mod .maps without a JTag? I'm confused....:blink:
theres a file called "default.xex" on the game what checks if theres any changes of the maps, if there is it will say "disc unreadable" if you try and take away these checks in the defualt.xex then it will become and unesigned xex and cant be ran without a jtag, jtags run this xex without the checks you see.

P.S i hope you didnt buy the game on demand because you thought you could .map mod.

Upvote 0
Ares

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thank you for the detailed explanation and not just a flat at "no" :lol:. And no, I didn't buy it from GoD (God sold me it) just to map mod... If I did and just found out I couldn't .map mod, I think I'd be in tears right now. Thanks :biggrin:.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register