What's new

Solved Difference between RGH 2 & S-RGH ?

• Thread starter exoskeleton
  • Start date
  • Views 8,895
exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
As title suggests what's the difference between RGH2 and S-RGH?

Picked up a trinity and planning a RGH mod. I understand everything done is based on RGH2 install. I have a spare CR rev C to hand so will be using that . But when programming the CR which Timing file should i go with . I have the timing files downloaded for trinity with sub folders for 150mhz 200mhz 300mhz and speedup.

J runner is choice of program with the Jr programmer as I have all leads ect and plan the install as per the instruction however for the CLK I plan on using an alternative point for ease My preference. The rest seems straight forward n the box on latest dash. Don't think I'm missing anything else.

Also what's the deal with coiling the wire up any need ? Never had to on both my phats - just a good route for the wire with no excess.

Any advice or answers to any of the above appreciated.

X1337XSNIP3R

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
S-RGH is speed up rgh. You might be able to boot 1 sec faster. On a trinity you really dont need it. If i was you i would use a Ace v3 for instaboots. I will try to find a cool runner timing file on my pc and let you know which on i used on a CR on a Trinity.

If you are using a coolrunner i would just rgh 1.2 it. For faster boot times but for the best. Spend $5 and buy a Ace v3

exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
I thought a RGH 1.2 wasn't possible on the slims ?

I don't mind picking up a ace v3 but it seemed more convenient as I already have a new CR laying around

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It isn't think he meant 2.0 .

If u want to use your chip Look up project muffin install. It uses your rev c chip and is an easy 5-6 wire install (just like a cr4xl install). Just need the timing files.
If u decide to go tjat route and can't find them let me know and ill link them to u .

exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
It isn't think he meant 2.0 .

If u want to use your chip Look up project muffin install. It uses your rev c chip and is an easy 5-6 wire install (just like a cr4xl install). Just need the timing files.
If u decide to go tjat route and can't find them let me know and ill link them to u .

So just to be clear rgh 2 is same as the 2.0
I'll search project muffin install and have a read up. Hopefully link to the timing files will be in the install post but feel free to link them if else where. Would like to have everything sorted before I begin my install.

exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
Thankyou kindly.

If I were to pick up a ace v3 can I use the CR programming lead to program the Ace v3 chip? Or is there another method that don't require soldering to the points?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Easiest way would be to get a pack of pin headers and break off the amount you need. put them in the holes in the chip and to the coolrunner program connector. Something like THIS

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
exoskeleton

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Sin$
Guessing I could use any pins as long as they in correct order. . . Like the nand wires I borrowed the wifes regular sewing needles soldered the wires through the eyelets and cut to length and snipped the point off, A bit of heat shrink later and worked a treat. So maybe do same with some wire laying around solder pins to both ends and plug it into the coolrunner lead. Should work all the same.

Top Bottom
Login
Register