What's new

Solved Difference between RGH 2 & S-RGH ?

• Thread starter exoskeleton
  • Start date
  • Views 4,467
E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
As title suggests what's the difference between RGH2 and S-RGH?

Picked up a trinity and planning a RGH mod. I understand everything done is based on RGH2 install. I have a spare CR rev C to hand so will be using that . But when programming the CR which Timing file should i go with . I have the timing files downloaded for trinity with sub folders for 150mhz 200mhz 300mhz and speedup.

J runner is choice of program with the Jr programmer as I have all leads ect and plan the install as per the instruction however for the CLK I plan on using an alternative point for ease My preference. The rest seems straight forward n the box on latest dash. Don't think I'm missing anything else.

Also what's the deal with coiling the wire up any need ? Never had to on both my phats - just a good route for the wire with no excess.

Any advice or answers to any of the above appreciated.

X

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S-RGH is speed up rgh. You might be able to boot 1 sec faster. On a trinity you really dont need it. If i was you i would use a Ace v3 for instaboots. I will try to find a cool runner timing file on my pc and let you know which on i used on a CR on a Trinity.

If you are using a coolrunner i would just rgh 1.2 it. For faster boot times but for the best. Spend $5 and buy a Ace v3

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
I thought a RGH 1.2 wasn't possible on the slims ?

I don't mind picking up a ace v3 but it seemed more convenient as I already have a new CR laying around

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
It isn't think he meant 2.0 .

If u want to use your chip Look up project muffin install. It uses your rev c chip and is an easy 5-6 wire install (just like a cr4xl install). Just need the timing files.
If u decide to go tjat route and can't find them let me know and ill link them to u .

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
It isn't think he meant 2.0 .

If u want to use your chip Look up project muffin install. It uses your rev c chip and is an easy 5-6 wire install (just like a cr4xl install). Just need the timing files.
If u decide to go tjat route and can't find them let me know and ill link them to u .

So just to be clear rgh 2 is same as the 2.0
I'll search project muffin install and have a read up. Hopefully link to the timing files will be in the install post but feel free to link them if else where. Would like to have everything sorted before I begin my install.

X

X1337XSNIP3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah sorry rgh 2 lmao and yes they are the same

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Thankyou kindly.

If I were to pick up a ace v3 can I use the CR programming lead to program the Ace v3 chip? Or is there another method that don't require soldering to the points?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Easiest way would be to get a pack of pin headers and break off the amount you need. put them in the holes in the chip and to the coolrunner program connector. Something like THIS

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Guessing I could use any pins as long as they in correct order. . . Like the nand wires I borrowed the wifes regular sewing needles soldered the wires through the eyelets and cut to length and snipped the point off, A bit of heat shrink later and worked a treat. So maybe do same with some wire laying around solder pins to both ends and plug it into the coolrunner lead. Should work all the same.

Top Bottom