What's new

Solved difference between ISO and RGH/jtag formatted games...

• Thread starter irhabe
  • Start date
  • Views 23,456
irhabe

irhabe

Reaction score
Sin$
so every time i search to download a certain game i find 2 choices .... one with {RGH/JTAG} title .. other (which i know how to use it and extract it and copy it) with title {ISO}...
i really want to know how to use the {jtag } one because it is way much smaller in size than the iso and unfortunately because i only know the iso method and i do not know how to use the other one and i fear from losing 7GB from my internet by downloading the JTAG one and do not b able to use it to play the game ..i download the iso one ..
so please help me knowing the difference and how to use the jtag format to play (like should i extract like the iso or just copy it)..
thank you so much...

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
so every time i search to download a certain game i find 2 choices .... one with {RGH/JTAG} title .. other (which i know how to use it and extract it and copy it) with title {ISO}...
i really want to know how to use the {jtag } one because it is way much smaller in size than the iso and unfortunately because i only know the iso method and i do not know how to use the other one and i fear from losing 7GB from my internet by downloading the JTAG one and do not b able to use it to play the game ..i download the iso one ..
so please help me knowing the difference and how to use the jtag format to play (like should i extract like the iso or just copy it)..
thank you so much...
RGH/Jtag version is extracted ISOs. They'll only work on RGHs or Jtags.

ISOs are for the XK3Y or Flashed DVD Drives.

XeXLosSantos

XeXLosSantos

MALK
Reaction score
Sin$
The ISO versions are the same as the RGH/JTAG versions, only taken out of the .iso format. ISO just has the files of the game inside of it.
This brings up what Noobert Noobert was testing yesterday, trying to put the files in a smaller .iso file and run them off an xkey. As far as I know it didn't work.

So no you're only option is to download the normal ISO.
And is your internet usage limited or something? Downloading a 7GB file should't hurt it unless it's limited.

R

Regretable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe the JTAG/RGH versions don't have the random padding in the game to fill up the 8.5GB disk as well. .ISO's are usually 8.5-8.7 GB and JTAG/RGH rips can be a lot less.

irhabe

irhabe

Reaction score
Sin$
The ISO versions are the same as the RGH/JTAG versions, only taken out of the .iso format. ISO just has the files of the game inside of it.
This brings up what Noobert Noobert was testing yesterday, trying to put the files in a smaller .iso file and run them off an xkey. As far as I know it didn't work.

So no you're only option is to download the normal ISO.
And is your internet usage limited or something? Downloading a 7GB file should't hurt it unless it's limited.

okay .. i got you people thanks .. but why are you saying my only option is iso ... i have RGH console and
noobert said it works for them ..?
and obviously when you have two choices but one is is smaller you will choose the smaller one thats why i asked ..

J

Joeypeanut

Reaction score
Sin$
okay .. i got you people thanks .. but why are you saying my only option is iso ... i have RGH console and
noobert said it works for them ..?
and obviously when you have two choices but one is is smaller you will choose the smaller one thats why i asked ..
Good point! I just RGH3 my Trinity and I have BOOKS of games that work on my DVD flashed Xbox but NOT my RGH3. I have no idea on EXACTLY what to do!!!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register