What's new

Question Did I lose my NAND dumps? Corona V3 16mb

B

BigCojonez

Reaction score
Sin$
Popping my first cherry mod on a Corona v3 16mb. The console wouldn't glitch in after I installed everything.

Was thinking maybe I did the J-runner program wrong some way and so I went back to Read NAND hoping to start from the beginning.
  1. Read NAND gave me a "Wrong Header!" warning. Impatient me continued and overwrote my original reads thinking maybe it was because I already wrote to the glitch previously. Did I ruin the NAND for good?
  2. Before the above mentioned, I cleaned flux around the bridges on R2C6, etc. maybe I loosened up some solder connection?
  3. J-Runner identifies my board as a Trinity

PS Console still won't glitch in. Get green LED flashes (3 then pause, on repeat). Here are my connections:

Last edited:
teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Check this post here. It explains how to fix the nand issue you are having. Then from there you can decide if its bad connections or not.

B

BigCojonez

Reaction score
Sin$
You'd need to either buy a Matrix Nand Flasher or a JR Programmer, solder to the nand points, and re-write your nand.
I have a Nand-X, will that work? In my J-Runner program I have an option that says Matrix Flasher Mode underneath Nand-X logo.

Also, these instructions are using his DemoN. Would they be the same for Matrix Nand Flasher or a JR Programmer?

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Nand-X, will that work? In my J-Runner program I have an option that says Matrix Flasher Mode underneath Nand-X logo.

Also, these instructions are using his DemoN. Would they be the same for Matrix Nand Flasher or a JR Programmer?
Same for j-runner. You can do it with what you have.
This could also help.

Last edited:
B

BigCojonez

Reaction score
Sin$
Same for j-runner. You can do it with what you have.
This could also help.

Just to clarify, I can use the same process in the thread you linked earlier with my Nand-x to rebuild my Nand? I noticed in Nooberts instructions, he is saying to go into the DemoN toolbar, which I do not have using Nand-x. The video in the thread is also using a backup flash, which I do not believe I have.

I watched that video the other day and I thought it could help me but he is using a backup flashdump from the owner. I do not have that. If that video could possibly help me I am not understanding it.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
so to sum it up. you tried to read nand and got bad reads? then decided to move forward with writting xell anyways?

B

BigCojonez

Reaction score
Sin$
Negative. The initial read of the Nands was fine. Here are the steps
  1. Read Nand 1
  2. Read Nand 2
  3. Create ECC
  4. Write ECC
  5. Continue soldering Ace v3 chip
  6. Continue installing postfix adapter v2 (was installed improperly)
  7. Attempted to boot into xell - No success
  8. Cleaned flux around RC points
  9. Went back to PC, getting wrong header warning here, read and overwrote original Nands 1 & 2 <- I know stupid
  10. Properly installed postfix adapter
  11. Attempted to boot
  12. Ace v3 has green LED flashing in unrecognizable pattern <- this is where I am

Top Bottom
Login
Register