Did everyone elses bridge die after a week?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by adv1kbridgez, Feb 15, 2009 with 14 replies and 652 views.

1. adv1kbridgez

adv1kbridgez Newbie

Ratings:
    i was able to bridge for about 110 wingman matches over the last week, using cain and able / zone alarm combo ( wired router ) now i cant seem to find matches at a pace that is satisfactory and sometimes not at all. the only thing i can visually detect that is happening differently is my xbox's ip is only half routing when sending data xbox lives ip( i think thats what on the other end, but its deffinitley my xboxs ip that always half routing) ive tried powercycling and my nat is open, ive also reinstalled all program multiple times too no avial. does anyone have anything i can try to get my bridge up and running agian, i really want to get my four bar befor the next title update.
    thanks in advance.

2. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's because more people start bridging everyday.
    It's normal.

3. Lucidity Lou

Lucidity Lou Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When i hold the button high for 12 secs and switch it to medium i get a match in less then 5 secs.

4. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Then something is clearly going wrong...

What's your setup?

5. OP
    adv1kbridgez

adv1kbridgez Newbie

Ratings:
    it used to be this way for me aswell.

i have a wired modem connect to a wired router connected viz ethernet cables to both my pc and my xbox, i than created a bridge(cain) between my 360 and my pc which are right next to each other. im considering building a lagswitch but there arent many good tutorials on how to actually use one, doy ou have any idea if i make one for in between my xbox and router if it will work or does it have to be in between your router and the internet connect coming from the jack in the wall?

6. Facade

Facade Newbie

Ratings:
    Mine also died. When I started a week ago I found games in seconds. A couple days ago it was taking 15 minutes. Now I can't even get one. I should point out that I did standby a couple times to host quit, but other than that, almost 150 games legit. Tragically enough, neither changing my IP nor bridging with my brother's GT and xbox work. Sometimes I get a minute trickle of IPs trying to connect (the 18/17 packet ones), most of the time I get 0-2 and then none.

Several facts suggest bridging by others isn't the cause of the slowdown. Firstly and most obviously, there are other bridgers still getting games at decent rates. Secondly, joining games isn't a problem. If we were in the midst of a bridging plague, finding a full game should be as hard as hosting unless you were placed in some sort of hosting queue, which I find unlinkely given the behavior of the internet traffic. Lastly, how many people do you really believe even know of bridging, nonetheless have the setup, tenacity and gumption to actually create their own bridge? I doubt it is 10%.

Some other factor is at play, now we just need to find out what it is.

Adv1kbridgez,
    Is your xbox half routing with everyone or just that one IP? And if it is just one IP, posting it may be helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Check out proliike's tutorial. It's easy to follow and should fix your problem

8. Aaron1006

Aaron1006 Newbie

Ratings:
    I've been experiencing the same problems lately. I got into games perfectly fine about 2-3 days ago, and the last two days I can't get in at all, my bridge and everything still works, it just continually searches. At one point today my friend and I left our xbox's on for about an hour and a half without one IP (excluding epic server, mine, his, and xbox live's) coming up. I did everything exactly the same as when it was working.

9. Facade

Facade Newbie

Ratings:
    Prolike's fix did nothing for me. The only reasons Prolike's method would likely help are if your xbox's local IP changed or you simply overloaded your router or modem, usually by maxing out connection limits.

I did, however, see some small improvement and even hosted a game within a minute after reinstalling Cain and Winpcap. If there was to be a problem with the actual bridge, it's most likely a problem with Winpcap as it is the backend software that handles the traffic snooping. Report back if that helps your situation.

Connections aren't consistent or even common, but at least I am seeing more than a couple IPs pop up now.

10. Aaron1006

Aaron1006 Newbie

Ratings:
    Well my post above isn't completely accurate. I was trying to get matches with my fresh account to attempt to get 5 bar in one game, and couldn't get any games, but after going back to my 2 bar I got into games fine.

11. OP
    adv1kbridgez

adv1kbridgez Newbie

Ratings:
    great post facade.
    and ive been thinking along those lines aswell, click the link below the picture larger link to see a screenshot of whats going on, its just the one IP.
    sometimes if i reset my ip on my computer ill be able to get matcvhes for an hour or two agian, its very weird.

12. Facade

Facade Newbie

Ratings:
    Cain is known to be very...unstable. If anyone is having problems and simply recreating the bridge and/or rebooting your router and modem don't solve the issues, I would highly suggest reinstalling both Cain and WinPCap. I personally experienced a complete halt in my ability to host before spending quite a few hours troubleshooting and coming to that conclusion.

After reinstalling, I am finding games in any playlist including wingman. I've also been using Nubble's host without a full party method without a hitch. Try it out!

Adv1k:
    You wouldn't happen to be physically routing your xbox ethernet cable through your PC instead of a router, would you?

13. iX HyPnOtiZe

iX HyPnOtiZe Newbie

Ratings:
    Ill try this, as my Cain isnt even showing that anyone is connecting to me...

14. Facade

Facade Newbie

Ratings:
    Are you getting any traffic at all? Xbox live and epic still showed for me even though I couldn't host.

If not, I would highly suggest making positively sure you are setting up everything correctly and enabling APR.

15. SouljahXLP

SouljahXLP Newbie

Ratings:
    Its probably cause you lag switch to much. The only reason people should try and get host is so that you dont get lag switched. You don't cheat you prevent cheating.