DevKit

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by II WaStEdPrO II, Jan 19, 2009 with 41 replies and 2,077 views.

1. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Lets say I were to get a DevKit...which I know that I will not. Now the thing that the development kit can do is run unsigned codes? Like i can play a .map mod without resigning and it will work...Also how do you get one? Don't you have to be approved by Microsoft or something? :mellow:

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    You cant get one. They dont run unsigned code, they run code signed with dev keypairs.

3. OP
    II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    I know
    Whats a sev keypair? Sorry, I do not know anything about DevKits

4. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
  5. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Just think of it as endless modding, it will sign its own keypair that lets you do anything.

6. OP
    II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    :.( Ok, nevermind...and a retial console is a regular xbox, right?

7. JIME01

JIME01 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Even if you had a Dev Kit you wouldn't be able to mod because you wont have the Modified XeX to run the modified .Map's. The one that was released was for v1.0 (Anthony told me).

8. OP
    II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Well what is a XeX. This may sound a little nooby but...

9. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    He can think about it all he wants. He just cant get one. You can think about it all you want, but you still wont get one.

10. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    It is the 'program' basically. Think of it as an .exe. And getting a dev kit keypair isn't that hard to obtain...

11. sixworkss

sixworkss Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Program?

Its the game itself...

12. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    It can be a game executable. Can be other stuff too. They are .exe for 360's.

13. sixworkss

sixworkss Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, but in this thread he is referring to the .xex as the modded Halo3.xex..Which is the game itself..Not a "program".

14. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    If anyone is interested im selling mine

15. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    price? I might be in the market for one in a little while if I can find a reasonably priced one.

16. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Lol leo. I know why your selling yours :wink:

17. Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    One question I've had for a while, which I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. DevKits are what developers use to test games, am I correct? So basically, if you have the right programs and knowledge, it would be possible to create your own games with a DevKit, or possibly (yet again with the right programs and knowledge) move something like a Warthog from Halo 3 into Call of Duty 5? I know that if this was possible it would be very hard to get the programing right, well, actually, that's a guess, but I all want to know is if it would be possible.

18. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:

And if you look after I said it is the .exe. Which is the 'program'...

Did you not see that I used quotes or something?

Clearly using program in a different connotation that what you know it as....

19. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Program: a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute.

The Halo 3 xex, even though it is thought as a game, is technically a program, an executable. All it is, is an executable that contains code to basically run the game, recieve input, send output, etc...

this thread should also be closed. The main question has been answered in enough detail. now it's just arguing over off-topic chit.

20. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Dev kits develop games, test kits test games :tongue: lol