What's new

Solved Dev Kit

R

rugburn

Reaction score
Sin$
What is a dev kit. Where can i get a dec kit. Is it free or does it cost money. Help

michael1026

michael1026

Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
A dev kit(Developers kit) is what developers use to test/edit games, I can't give a full description of them since I don't know alot about them, but no they are not free, they are about 400-800$.

jimmynine120

jimmynine120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can i contact xbox and get one
Yeah, just call 1800-4myxbox, try and get a person on the phone and tell them you'd like to purchase a Developers xbox 360. And if they ask for a promo code, just say you got one at 7-11 and you can't read all of the code.

R

rugburn

Reaction score
Sin$
well i do know how to make games and stuff with c+ and that is what developers use i just dont know how to get one

they sell for thousands of dollars and i belong to many developing groups

P

Phenoms Clutch

Reaction score
Sin$
Im sure everyone knows who jester snipes is well he and i are friends and he said he lives near a ware house and he steals them dev kits are like normal xboxs but its before for game testing and developing

M

Macka654

Reaction score
Sin$
well i do know how to make games and stuff with c+ and that is what developers use i just dont know how to get one

they sell for thousands of dollars and i belong to many developing groups

You must be thinking it's something else.

You are talking about developing indie games by the sounds of it.

You need Visual Studio C# Express, which is free. (I think express should do the trick, if not get professional) and you need the XNA addon for it, which allows you to start xbox and pc games.

VS 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/
XNA: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=80782277-d584-42d2-8024-893fcd9d3e82&displaylang=en

Top Bottom
Login
Register