Game Mods Dev Kit Mods?

• Thread starter Ryosideee
  • Start date
  • Views 6,960
R

Ryosideee

Reaction score
Sin$
I want to be able to use the xex file that was released.
How can i buy a dev kit for halo 3?

R

Ryosideee

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need a dev kit. Just buy a Jtag. It's cheaper.
but to be able to use the default.xex file that jester released u need a dev kit, in order to have flaming recon.

and if i only need a JTag where can i get 1

S

SecToR .7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but to be able to use the default.xex file that jester released u need a dev kit, in order to have flaming recon.

and if i only need a JTag where can i get 1
No, jtagged xboxes are used to run unsigned code, so custom XEXes with checks removed are playable.

If you wish to purchase one, then start looking here: JTAGs Forum

OR, if you wish to do it yourself, there are plenty of great tutorials here on the site.

R

Ryosideee

Reaction score
Sin$
No, jtagged xboxes are used to run unsigned code, so custom XEXes with checks removed are playable.

If you wish to purchase one, then start looking here: JTAGs Forum

OR, if you wish to do it yourself, there are plenty of great tutorials here on the site.
well i'm buying the new xbox, so ill turn my elite into a JTag. can you give me a link to a good tutorial?

Knif3

Knif3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i'm buying the new xbox, so ill turn my elite into a JTag. can you give me a link to a good tutorial?
It's gotta be a certain kernel. If it's above 7131 (or something like that) it isn't jtagable. Just see if someone is willing to trade an old, banned jtag for your Elite.

R

Ryosideee

Reaction score
Sin$
It's gotta be a certain kernel. If it's above 7131 (or something like that) it isn't jtagable. Just see if someone is willing to trade an old, banned jtag for your Elite.
How exactly am i gonna trade an xbox?

And how do i see what kernel it is or whatever you said?

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

:rolleyes:

System panel at the dashboard->Console Settings->System Info

Its says K:*.*.****.* If the **** in K: is in the 7***'s you can JTAG it.

G

godlikekitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Dev kits are not meant for modding, they are made for making games, hence the name DEV kit.

Jtags however are meant for modding,running emulators and whatever else.
Dev kits are A LOT of money, you can buy a jtag for the regular price of an xbox maybe more maybe less.

And any xex should work on a jtag.

iShox

iShox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dev kits are not meant for modding, they are made for making games, hence the name DEV kit.

Jtags however are meant for modding,running emulators and whatever else.
Dev kits are A LOT of money, you can buy a jtag for the regular price of an xbox maybe more maybe less.

And any xex should work on a jtag.

Not only do DEV kits cost a lot, They are very rare and illegal. M$ Development software. If your caught then you can be prosecuted...

G

Grounded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
:rolleyes:

System panel at the dashboard->Console Settings->System Info

Its says K:*.*.****.* If the **** in K: is in the 7***'s you can JTAG it.

It has to be below 7371 in order for it to be Jtaggable.

xMechgamerx123x

xMechgamerx123x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive got one for sale: It's an unbanned xenon. $180 without cables or $220 with all cables plus $13 shipping

O

oBLACKIECHANoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

just dont even try, your the type of person we need less of, kids that buy jtags although they have no idea how to use it and even if they do they use it for 1 thing. and you have no chance of finding a dev kit for sale, it took me 4 month to find one.

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
dont use a jtag to hack and kill the game with it, just it to make the game more fun to play.

michael1026

michael1026

Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't waste your money on a jtag or jtagging an xbox. You wouldn't know what your doing

tfrasc

tfrasc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow come on. All he wants to do is have fun modding.
Yeah there rite dont get a dev kit. But yeah you can get a jtag.
Just make sure you read tutorials and research. Then Make some good mods.
Everybody starts out like you not knowing what to do. Then they go and read stuff from a website, mod a game and get all cocky and flame noobs. They were all just like you a few years-maybe even months- ago. But if you do get a jtag make sure to use it right and get it for the fun of modding!

Alexi

Alexi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just dont even try, your the type of person we need less of, kids that buy jtags although they have no idea how to use it and even if they do they use it for 1 thing. and you have no chance of finding a dev kit for sale, it took me 4 month to find one.

I don't know where you were looking for a dev kit but I've found dozens for sale on X-S.

But I do have to agree with you...do some more research before you buy a JTAG just for hacking on Halo 3 or modding on MW2. They were meant for a lot more than that.

iProScopes

iProScopes

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If I get this Falcon working I could maybe do that.

Cybergate

Cybergate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You buy it with money. From people that are selling them. Thats simple. Or just buy or make your own JTAG.

Top Bottom
Login
Register