• Views 2,248
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bradenriver64

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If I get ahold of a 360 dev kit, is it possible to mod halo 3? Also I heard the tools are really hard to find. Is that true?

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
the tools arent going to be given to you if you buy a dev kit just to mod Halo 3... That was something put in place to help keep dev kit prices reasonable for those of us who would actually use one... but that hasnt stopped people... -_-

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You'll need to find tools like the xex, which you won't get. So, you'll have an expensive brick.

So basically, no, you can't.

B

bradenriver64

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
What else could you do with a dev kit? you can make games right?

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are going to get a Dev kit solely for the purpose of modding halo 3 (which i don't advise) i suggest you make sure you get your hands on the necessary tools before you blow a crap load of money for nothing.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Making a decent game requires you to have good programming knowledge.

B

bradenriver64

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok thanks guys. I'm not going to blow money on a dev kit anyways. I was just wondering if it was possible to mod halo 3 with one. Thanks.

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
also it takes a team of people with dev kits to make a decent game, can you think of any game that has ever been developed by one person? (GFX, all the coding, etc)

H

Holy Ownage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It'd be really nice if there was a stickied topic discussing this.
It just seems to come up a hell of alot more than things like "what do I use to ftp stuff on my xbox" now. :frown:

B

BlackOps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Eazy B said:
also it takes a team of people with dev kits to make a decent game, can you think of any game that has ever been developed by one person? (GFX, all the coding, etc)
Braid was made by Jonathan Blow and I heard it was good.

H

Holy Ownage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
And not that it was all him, as he didn't do the artwork or soundtrack, but Dan Paladin did the near majority of Castle Crashers.

I speak to him on a daily basis, and he is really positive when it comes to his work.

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was referring to full console titles, arcade titles dont take that much in comparison.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Eazy B said:
I was referring to full console titles, arcade titles dont take that much in comparison.

indeed they do... You could easily compare some arcade titles to console titles. They all are pretty much equally different on the game's core basis, the only difference comes in subtly when you look at how many similarities there are.

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Argh this is offtopic anyways..... but i was making a generalization, sure you can think of examples of 2 that can be compared. But generally speaking, full titles vs arcade titles take more work. Thats why they cost more, and make it to DVDs etc.
This thread is being closed because this is supposed to be discussed in the sticky anyways.
/tural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register