What's new

Unsolved Details about games on a Jailbroken machine?

• Thread starter exileshd
  • Start date
  • Views 152
E

exileshd

Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite new to the jailbreak scene but I have a few questions about playing torrented games that hopefully you can help with.

I'm currently on a firmware 4.78 CEX version (REBUG), I've downloaded some games which work fine, I open up multiMAN load the EBOOT and then can play the game off of the "App_Home...". This works for some games but others just crash with the "no request event". For example Duplex Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge runs fine but Drakengard 3 iMars will just throw that error.

Could someone explain why some work and some don't? Do you have to switch modes or something to get certain games running? Also what is the "Update" folder used for in each of these game torrents?

If you need more information about the console I'm using please ask - sorry if it's missing information or if this stuff is asked a lot but I appreciate any help I can get.

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
Hi, I'm quite new to the jailbreak scene but I have a few questions about playing torrented games that hopefully you can help with.

I'm currently on a firmware 4.78 CEX version (REBUG), I've downloaded some games which work fine, I open up multiMAN load the EBOOT and then can play the game off of the "App_Home...". This works for some games but others just crash with the "no request event". For example Duplex Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge runs fine but Drakengard 3 iMars will just throw that error.

Could someone explain why some work and some don't? Do you have to switch modes or something to get certain games running? Also what is the "Update" folder used for in each of these game torrents?

If you need more information about the console I'm using please ask - sorry if it's missing information or if this stuff is asked a lot but I appreciate any help I can get.
No request event is normal message because you on Rebug. And as for some game not working maybe you need to update firmware or it could be that torrent is bad copy. That update option just let you update the game through Multiman instead through the xmb.

E

exileshd

Reaction score
No request event is normal message because you on Rebug. And as for some game not working maybe you need to update firmware or it could be that torrent is bad copy. That update option just let you update the game through Multiman instead through the xmb.

Could it be that my firmware is "too updated" to play some of the games? Considering some of the torrents are years old and I find it hard to believe so many of the games would be bad torrents since they're well seeded and received on RARBG / kickass. Also do you think updating the games would maybe make some of them work? Thanks for the reply - sorry to throw more questions at you.

P

Pianist Prodigy

Keep living!
Retired
Reaction score
Could it be that my firmware is "too updated" to play some of the games? Considering some of the torrents are years old and I find it hard to believe so many of the games would be bad torrents since they're well seeded and received on RARBG / kickass. Also do you think updating the games would maybe make some of them work? Thanks for the reply - sorry to throw more questions at you.
Maybe, and you can try to updating those games see if it works for you.

E

exileshd

Reaction score
Maybe, and you can try to updating those games see if it works for you.

Seems I can get the games that don't work to run by actually copying the game folder onto the ps3 hdd - the others run fine off the external. Thanks for your help :smile:

Top Bottom