• Thread starter NZ Lars
  • Start date
  • Views 15,861
Xx WiLLo xX

Xx WiLLo xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I found a pretty neat trick to add to everyone's farming game...

Pretty simple, just rubber band your right trigger down so that you just continuously fire. Your character will initially shoot to the right of the doorway, but as enemies get closer, you will auto-aim towards them. As for ammo, you may notice your character get low at times, but normally my guy ends up killing a really close guy who drops 200 ammo by the time I get down to like 100 ammo left. Also, you reticle always resets after your clip empties, so don't worry about recoil.

Overall your character will kill like 5 Thrall per life, but with this trick, you can set your controller down and go do something else for a few hours and come back to all the goodies. So, not as time-efficient, but you can do this trick when you're tired of actually doing it yourself.

Happy hunting!

*EDIT: Even if you run out of ammo, it will restore after you die. This means that this is literally a way to farm for hours without being at your console.

I've been at it for an hour and haven't been pinged or seen as not active. Will update with results.

UPDATE: So just holding the trigger down eventually faded my screen and I got sent back to menu as inactive. I then tried rubber banding the joystick foward all the way, and again I was picked up. I am now trying to rubber band BOTH triggers and seeing if it'll pick up as individual pulls and not send me back to menu. As a side note, so far I'm averaging about 8 kills per death, so this is being more efficient at least. Again, I'll update with results...

Do you have your play and charge connected aswell?

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold 10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow Sinners,

I have been grinding for legendary items for the large majority of my time in destiny. After all my grinding I have recently found my favorite spot to farm for legendary engram drops. I figured I would make a post for all of you to make use of.
This is in my opinion the quickest, easiest, and most enjoyable way to get legendaries in Destiny.

See the video below as a demonstrations of how it all works:

There is a similar tutorial at the end of the video

Here are my steps on how to get the grinding set up and running:
  1. Recommended level 20. Minimum level ~9
    • Being level 20 significantly increases drop chances (Thanks BreakdowN)
  2. Start mission "The Dark Beyond" on the Moon
  3. Set to level 9 (Hard)
  4. Play through mission until you get to the "Temple of Crota"
  5. Stand in front of the door and kill as many enemy's as possible until you die
    • DO NOT KILL THE KNIGHTS (this will advance checkpoint)
      • If you kill the knights, stop and skip to step 7. Rejoining rolls you back to the door opening sequence so you can carry on farming.
  6. When you die you spawn back in front of the door (repeat)
  7. When your finished return to orbit - When coming back you can resume from the same spot!
    • When in orbit find the mission/difficulty then hit "x PS" or "A Xbox" to resume (Cheers s7_Phantom)

After watching the video and practicing myself here are my tips that optimize the farming experience.

Pro tips:
Shoot enemies coming through the doors (Don't worry about ones who flank you)
Deconstruct items when you need to by running away from the door briefly
Deliver engrams to cryptarch to level it up and get more legendary's/rares
Items dropped persist through death and will not disappear (Be careful of DC's)
Don't be scared of dying (it is faster if you die before the spawns slow down)

General helpful tips:
Use weapons you want to level
If maxed in one class switch to a subclass to level that
Solo grinding seems to yield best results​

Update: I am glad to see so many people are getting some legendary loot.
Remember that the loot system in the game is a RNG (random number generator) so it all really comes down to luck. Every enemy you kill, dice are being rolled.

Credit for the find and video go to:
Highonpcp from Reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...est_imo_destiny_lootfarming_guide_weve_woken/

I have tried this the last two days and have had no luck like this video! Maybe in an hour 20 greens 3 blues and 1 rare. Is there a better way? One player only? All 3 spots filled? Farm for a certain amount of time, if no drops quit game then come back in? My buddy has tried this and gets legendary items all the time, like 3 in an hour. How do I get lucky like this. Do I need to play more. I only play for about 4 hours a day. Any help would be appreciated... 
All drops disappears when i get killed, so the only whey to get them is by collecting them before I die.
Go to the mail robot. If you got any blues or legendary these will be in the lost section at the bottom. I had 3 blues on the screen then got dropped. I went to the tower and they were there.

SelfEvident

SelfEvident

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, here's my update:

So holding both triggers also got flagged as inactive. Then I tried both triggers and a joystick moving forward, but still got idled.

Could definitely use some help/ideas on how we can get past this idle problem.

Yes, if someone has a rapid fire controller (or preferably a fully-programmable rapid fire controller to perhaps toggle "A/X" or something every few seconds.

An yes I have a play & charge connected.

It would be great if we could solidify this method and be able to let our systems farm for a few hours by themselves. Thus, I'm requesting some assistance in cracking this. I'd suggest implementing both triggers held in your methods as it doubles your k/d thus doubling the idle efficiency. Let's do this.

Eric

Eric

Odo the Shoe Maker
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried setting the level to level 20? I can't right now, and I know it'd be much harder, but if a higher level increases your chances, wouldn't this drastically increase it being that its level 9 enemies to level 20?

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried setting the level to level 20? I can't right now, and I know it'd be much harder, but if a higher level increases your chances, wouldn't this drastically increase it being that its level 9 enemies to level 20?

I have never tried on a lower or even a higher level. Only 20. I just turned 25, so I was thinking of upping the level to see if I had better luck, looks like the video was at 9 though. I was going to try this at 9 too. Can't hurt as I'm not having luck as is...

Eric

Eric

Odo the Shoe Maker
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have never tried on a lower or even a higher level. Only 20. I just turned 25, so I was thinking of upping the level to see if I had better luck, looks like the video was at 9 though. I was going to try this at 9 too. Can't hurt as I'm not having luck as is...
Yea, I'm getting a rare or two every 30 minutes or so. If you have better luck setting it to a harder difficulty, be sure to let me/us know.

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea, I'm getting a rare or two every 30 minutes or so. If you have better luck setting it to a harder difficulty, be sure to let me/us know.

Well if you are getting a couple rares every 30 minutes @ lvl 9, I will go to the lower level maybe my luck will change. I have done this for the last 3 days, 4 hours each day 2500+ kills and have gotten 1 rare a day. 2 of the rare items were chest for the Hunter. Not even my class. The last rare when decrypted turn blue :mad:..... I will update after work today.

fokeiro

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i tried lvl 9 and 20 with sam results greens, blue here and there , no legendary yet at a

cobra248

cobra248

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea i did this at a level 20 for about 40 minutes. got 3 blues, and about 10 greens. not all that great imo for ruining your campaign stats. i still think the method on venus is way better, get **** tons of crates, and helium ****. and u can do missions. and i feel like i get engrams at bout the same rate if not faster. as well as more blues.

Cryptarch rank is 8.
im a level 25.
played on lvl 20 whole time.

will try level 9 next time and post back with results.
(i can only assume playing at level 20 would give u BETTER stuff, but not "more" stuff)

OnlyWater

OnlyWater

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
@Everyone

I did the "automatic" farming like someone said. I used tape to hold both triggers down, and had a gun with low recoil. I left for about an hour, which by then kicked me out. I think it goes by the amount of movement you do that isn't repetitive, so there will be no complete method to do this. But when I came back, I had around 4 engrams, one of which was a legendary. It seemed to only kill the ones that were right in my direct view, which could have moved from the recoil. Best bet would be to "spray and pray", so the recoil jump won't be too insane.

mrsheen

mrsheen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Out of interest, what is the length of idle time before you're kicked?

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I have tried all variations
Lvl 9 - 2 Blues
Lvl 20 - 15 Blues 2 Rares
Lvl 24 - Greens only

All with 1000 kills.

N

NavyBurch

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow Sinners,

I have been grinding for legendary items for the large majority of my time in destiny. After all my grinding I have recently found my favorite spot to farm for legendary engram drops. I figured I would make a post for all of you to make use of.
This is in my opinion the quickest, easiest, and most enjoyable way to get legendaries in Destiny.

See the video below as a demonstrations of how it all works:

There is a similar tutorial at the end of the video

Here are my steps on how to get the grinding set up and running:
  1. Recommended level 20. Minimum level ~9
    • Being level 20 significantly increases drop chances (Thanks BreakdowN)
  2. Start mission "The Dark Beyond" on the Moon
  3. Set to level 9 (Hard)
  4. Play through mission until you get to the "Temple of Crota"
  5. Stand in front of the door and kill as many enemy's as possible until you die
    • DO NOT KILL THE KNIGHTS (this will advance checkpoint)
      • If you kill the knights, stop and skip to step 7. Rejoining rolls you back to the door opening sequence so you can carry on farming.
  6. When you die you spawn back in front of the door (repeat)
  7. When your finished return to orbit - When coming back you can resume from the same spot!
    • When in orbit find the mission/difficulty then hit "x PS" or "A Xbox" to resume (Cheers s7_Phantom)

After watching the video and practicing myself here are my tips that optimize the farming experience.

Pro tips:
Shoot enemies coming through the doors (Don't worry about ones who flank you)
Deconstruct items when you need to by running away from the door briefly
Deliver engrams to cryptarch to level it up and get more legendary's/rares
Items dropped persist through death and will not disappear (Be careful of DC's)
Don't be scared of dying (it is faster if you die before the spawns slow down)

General helpful tips:
Use weapons you want to level
If maxed in one class switch to a subclass to level that
Solo grinding seems to yield best results​

Update: I am glad to see so many people are getting some legendary loot.
Remember that the loot system in the game is a RNG (random number generator) so it all really comes down to luck. Every enemy you kill, dice are being rolled.

Credit for the find and video go to:
Highonpcp from Reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...est_imo_destiny_lootfarming_guide_weve_woken/

How long does it take to get all the items in the mail? I have only gotten 4...none of the others show up.

cobra248

cobra248

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How long does it take to get all the items in the mail? I have only gotten 4...none of the others show up.
it only gives you blue engrams or higher in the mail. it wont deliver ****** green ones

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, here's my update:

So holding both triggers also got flagged as inactive. Then I tried both triggers and a joystick moving forward, but still got idled.

Could definitely use some help/ideas on how we can get past this idle problem.

Yes, if someone has a rapid fire controller (or preferably a fully-programmable rapid fire controller to perhaps toggle "A/X" or something every few seconds.

An yes I have a play & charge connected.

It would be great if we could solidify this method and be able to let our systems farm for a few hours by themselves. Thus, I'm requesting some assistance in cracking this. I'd suggest implementing both triggers held in your methods as it doubles your k/d thus doubling the idle efficiency. Let's do this.
I haven't ever bothered trying to program it myself but I think I coulg manage to load a script on my Chronus Max for this, Don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, I'll post results when I get the chance to try.

Top Bottom
Login
Register