• Start date
  • Views 15,860
NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow Sinners,

I have been grinding for legendary items for the large majority of my time in destiny. After all my grinding I have recently found my favorite spot to farm for legendary engram drops. I figured I would make a post for all of you to make use of.
This is in my opinion the quickest, easiest, and most enjoyable way to get legendaries in Destiny.

See the video below as a demonstrations of how it all works:

There is a similar tutorial at the end of the video

Here are my steps on how to get the grinding set up and running:
  1. Recommended level 20. Minimum level ~9
    • Being level 20 significantly increases drop chances (Thanks BreakdowN)
  2. Start mission "The Dark Beyond" on the Moon
  3. Set to level 9 (Hard)
  4. Play through mission until you get to the "Temple of Crota"
  5. Stand in front of the door and kill as many enemy's as possible until you die
    • DO NOT KILL THE KNIGHTS (this will advance checkpoint)
      • If you kill the knights, stop and skip to step 7. Rejoining rolls you back to the door opening sequence so you can carry on farming.
  6. When you die you spawn back in front of the door (repeat)
  7. When your finished return to orbit - When coming back you can resume from the same spot!
    • When in orbit find the mission/difficulty then hit "x PS" or "A Xbox" to resume (Cheers s7_Phantom)

After watching the video and practicing myself here are my tips that optimize the farming experience.

Pro tips:
Shoot enemies coming through the doors (Don't worry about ones who flank you)
Deconstruct items when you need to by running away from the door briefly
Deliver engrams to cryptarch to level it up and get more legendary's/rares
Items dropped persist through death and will not disappear (Be careful of DC's)
Don't be scared of dying (it is faster if you die before the spawns slow down)

General helpful tips:
Use weapons you want to level
If maxed in one class switch to a subclass to level that
Solo grinding seems to yield best results​

Update: I am glad to see so many people are getting some legendary loot.
Remember that the loot system in the game is a RNG (random number generator) so it all really comes down to luck. Every enemy you kill, dice are being rolled.

Credit for the find and video go to:
Highonpcp from Reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...est_imo_destiny_lootfarming_guide_weve_woken/

Last edited:

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
What's the rate of legendarys droppig ? I'm lvl 4 crypt arch and have not gotten a legendary yet :/

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What's the rate of legendarys droppig ? I'm lvl 4 crypt arch and have not gotten a legendary yet :/
From my understanding everything is based on a RNG (random number generator) so statistics are basically useless.
Having said that in just under a hour I got a legendary engram and several blue engrams. I do not recall the total drops that I deconstructed.

Cryptarch rank however does have an impact on getting legendary gear when decrypting it and leveling it is important.

Last edited:
BaM BooZeLLed

BaM BooZeLLed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this turned level 20 today right before I left for work so this will give me something to go for when I get home. :happy:

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
From my understanding everything is based on a RNG (random number generator) so statistics are basically useless.
Having said that in just under a hour I got a legendary engram and several blue engrams. I do not recall the total drops that I deconstructed.

Cryptarch rank however does have an impact on getting legendary gear when encrypting it and leveling it is important.
Really? Mine is level 8 and I've gotten a good handful of legendary engrams and have gotten straight blues.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Some of mine seem to dissapear at times, no biggie though I just pick em up right away.

s7_Phantom

s7_Phantom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello fellow Sinners,

I have been grinding for legendary items for the large majority of my time in destiny. After all my grinding I have recently found my favorite spot to farm for legendary engram drops. I figured I would make a post for all of you to make use of.
This is in my opinion the quickest, easiest, and most enjoyable way to get legendaries in Destiny.

See the video below as a demonstrations of how it all works:

There is a similar tutorial at the end of the video

Here are my steps on how to get the grinding set up and running:
  1. Recommended level 20. Minimum level ~9
  2. Start mission "The Dark Beyond" on the Moon
  3. Set to level 9 (Hard)
  4. Play through mission until you get to the "Temple of Crota"
  5. Stand in front of the door and kill as many enemy's as possible until you die
    • DO NOT KILL THE KNIGHTS (this will advance checkpoint)
  6. When you die you spawn back in front of the door (repeat)
  7. When your finished return to orbit - When coming back you can resume from the same spot!

After watching the video and practicing myself here are my tips that optimize the farming experience.

Pro tips:
Shoot enemies coming through the doors (Don't worry about ones who flank you)
Deconstruct items when you need to by running away from the door briefly
Deliver engrams to cryptographer to level it up and get more legendary's/rares
Items dropped persist through death and will not disappear (Be careful of DC's)
Don't be scared of dying (it is faster if you die before the spawns slow down)

General helpful tips:
Use weapons you want to level
If maxed in one class switch to a subclass to level that
Solo grinding seems to yield best results​

Credit for the find and video go to:
Highonpcp from Reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...est_imo_destiny_lootfarming_guide_weve_woken/

You should point out that you can restart the mission and start infront of door if you kill the knight.

- Go out to orbit and find the mission then hit "x"

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Really? Mine is level 8 and I've gotten a good handful of legendary engrams and have gotten straight blues.
Yeah, majority of the reason being that leveling the Cryptarch provides mail that contains legendary, and rare engrams like you said.
I am under the impression that leveling your Cryptarch also gives you higher chances of good decryption pieces. Again its just RNG and the more times you roll the higher your chances get...

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Some of mine seem to dissapear at times, no biggie though I just pick em up right away.
Ill keep an eye out for any disappearing. Surely blues/purples wouldn't disappear as they would end up at the postmaster?

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah, it just looks like they are. They move around or end up on top of each other. I thought the same thing at first, but I saw one roll onto another one when I shot a rocket.

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got 3 legendaries/8blue within an hour

Wow that's amazing. Im going to do another hours worth!
All i can think of is:
dOuCbic.jpg

Nah, it just looks like they are. They move around or end up on top of each other. I thought the same thing at first, but I saw one roll onto another one when I shot a rocket.
I have seen that happen too. Perhaps that is what had happened :/
Would hate for someone to lose items following my tips!

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I'm paying attention and that's what it is. No legendarys yet though, I ain't stopping till I get a few.

S

svortevik

Reaction score
Sin$
All drops disappears when i get killed, so the only whey to get them is by collecting them before I die.

NZ Lars

NZ Lars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
did this for an hour no legendarys :frown:
It's all luck... One hour gave me three legendaries and the next gave me none.

All drops disappears when i get killed, so the only whey to get them is by collecting them before I die.
Really? I'm not sure what is happening but perhaps your game is bugged. Everyone I play with doesn't have that problem :/

xAlbiDK

xAlbiDK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got 1500 kills, but only managed to pick up 6 green engrams. Is this because my Cryptarch is only at level 1?

Preswa

Preswa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got 1500 kills, but only managed to pick up 6 green engrams. Is this because my Cryptarch is only at level 1?
It's all a matter of luck. My Cryptarch is at 8 and I got 2 legendaries in an hour while a friend of level 12 Crypt got none and just a few Rare Engrams.

Luck.

Top Bottom
Login
Register