What's new

Discussion Destiny 2 review

Which did you prefer?

• Total voters
SulphricGaming

SulphricGaming

Reaction score
Sin$
After playing Destiny 2 since midnight launch 3 weeks ago, i have to say its changed a lot. Not all of these changes are good or bad. Being a destiny veteran id like to post my opinion on the game as it is now. Ill be comparing changes from Destiny 1 including PvP, PvE and most importantly the story. There will probably be spoilers so proceed with caution. So lets begin.

Firstly id like to talk about the story. The story for Destiny 2 was spectacular in visuals and level design but terrible with plot. In Destiny 1 we were told about the visit from the traveller and how its arrival changed humanity forever. The golden age. Due to cuts we got a horrible story for the first instalment of Destiny, which we all hoped would get told through destiny 2's story. The lore for destiny 1 was hidden behind Grimoire cards which could only be viewed on bungie.net. However in Destiny 2 we got the cinematic visual campaign which we didn't get in Destiny 1. However it didn't follow Destiny's original story. For Destiny 1 players this was a massive disappointment. The darkness claimed to be the Travellers biggest threat throughout Destiny. However Bugie decided to give us a story based on Ghaul, a new villain trying to claim the light as his own. The story was interesting enough with the sealing of the travellers light. However many things didn't add up. Why was Oryx, destroyer of worlds unable to even invade the tower? he had a force able to travel anywhere in the galaxy. Yet Ghaul with a fleet of at least, a few dozen massive ships managed to sneak right up to the tower? As someone who completed every raid dozens of times over, I was quiet unsatisfied with Ghaul. He lacked the excitement that Oryx or Crota gave us. The story however gave us some new experiences. We were able to visit new and exotic planets, fight re-skinned enemies and even drive a Tank. For the most part fighting the Cabal, Fallen, Hive and Taken played out differently to Destiny 1. Some enemies behaved differently and had new attacks. Although seeing the new skins felt extremely uncomfortable. For players of destiny 2, the story would've lacked a deep immersion and to me felt really boring. The first play through of destiny 2 gave me way less excitement then destiny's 4th DLC, "Rise of iron".

Onto the PvP now. Destiny 2's player vs player feels a lot smoother than Destiny 1's. Online connectivity was much faster and stable and the 4v4 increases the intensity in Trials of the Nine. Unfortunately Destiny 2 doesn't have private matches yet and even more annoyingly we cant select individual game modes to play. This might be updated in the future but as of now we are all stuck with being made to play Supremacy :frown:. I don't really have any complaints with crucible except for players in supremacy who wont pick up the crests. On some good notes for PvP, many people seem to be playing fairly. In Destiny 1 Ddosing and Bot spamming was a huge problem for the game mode Trials. Also due to every weapon having the same roles no one really has a disadvantage.

PvE now. This was my favourite thing about Destiny 1. Running around and completing public events, raids, glitches, patrols and strikes was where the game really shined for me. Unfortunately in Destiny 2, we cant search for individual strikes. This ruined PvE for me a lot. I can't count the amount of times I've been placed into the inverted spire..
However the new Fast travel system is wonderful. The load speed is fast and there are multiple points to travel to. Say good bye to orbit! The raid, My god is it hard! This could just be because my old Destiny 1 Fireteam doesn't play Destiny 2, but i haven't finished it yet so i haven't got much to say. Apart from the raid Activison and Bungie seem to have made the game easier for the more causal FPS players. For me it's disappointing as the main attraction to Destiny 1 was the grind for the best rolls on weapons. Many fans will tell the newer players about how frustrating it was to get that godly Eyasluna roll. Now that everything drops the same roll we feel like Destiny has lost a lot of replay-ability.
In future DLC many fans are hoping for some more intense and harder PvP to come.

Thats about all i have to say about Destiny 2 really. I'm just going to get back to farming faction tokens now...
(Tell me your thoughts on destiny 2!)

fokeiro

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im sorry but the raid is not hard....at all. Its hard to find good people that listen. To me personally this raid is super easy and simple. Even dogs when a good guide is a matter of patience.

Ultra Pikey

Ultra Pikey

The Welshman
AzzidReign Jr Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It feels as though there are no decent players in PvP. Although just bumbling around a planet is less tedious now and random stuff happens alot more often. Though there doesn't seem to be the variety of guns and armor in Destiny 2 as there was in vanilla Destiny 1 pre The Dark Below which is quite boring.

And they should of kept the faction system the way it was in Destiny 1, I think that would of been far better.

SulphricGaming

SulphricGaming

Reaction score
Sin$
It feels as though there are no decent players in PvP. Although just bumbling around a planet is less tedious now and random stuff happens alot more often. Though there doesn't seem to be the variety of guns and armor in Destiny 2 as there was in vanilla Destiny 1 pre The Dark Below which is quite boring.

And they should of kept the faction system the way it was in Destiny 1, I think that would of been far better.
Still a good game but i feel destiny 1 was more for me

SulphricGaming

SulphricGaming

Reaction score
Sin$
Im sorry but the raid is not hard....at all. Its hard to find good people that listen. To me personally this raid is super easy and simple. Even dogs when a good guide is a matter of patience.
I just don't have a team yet for the raid. Everyone i find on LFG wont listen or are too hasty

pastysmasher

pastysmasher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Destiny 2 is once again an unfinished game which will rely on paid DLC to complete it. The game has no hook, nothing to keep people going after a few weeks.

Destiny 1 repeating itself.

Top Bottom
Login
Register