What's new

Tutorial Demon Slim - Step by Step Installation Guide + Much info

Cult

Cannabxs

Super Saiyan
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Se7ensinners, today i am posting a step by step DemoN Dual Nand installation.

Here we are going to talk about the DemoN chip.

Xecuter DemoN is the most advanced Xbox 360 NAND device ever created. It's not just a dual nand......

Giving you the ability to have dual NAND's is nothing new to the scene thanks to Team Cygnos and their dual NAND tool for older generation Phat JTAG models. However since the advent of the Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) scene, there has been a resurgence of homebrew activity on all the newer models of Xbox 360, and therefore there is not only a need for multiple NAND's, but also a variety of developer functions are now required so you can run your own custom kernels and linux apps on all the latest models including the new Xbox 360 S (or Slim as its known).

Picking up where Cygnos left off, Xecuter has taken the Dual NAND design and basically fixed every known bug and flaw that existed with the Cygnos, improved features, increased r/w speeds, redesigned the layout and install methods, added new developer functions and basically taken the dual NAND concept to the a whole new level.

Not only does the DemoN give the most stable dual NAND solution available, but it also has many dedicated development features that contribute to many different homebrew projects such as libxenon, dashlaunch, freestyledash, freeboot and many more. There are a massive 16 dedicated I/O's available for a multitude of features and add-ons and also an custom coded DLL library so that any developer can interface completely with the DemoN - you will see some really great things in the future
smile.png

The built in NAND R/W hardware is a stand out feature. Completely bypassing the need for any external device such as the Xecuter NAND-X or any other SPI tool, the DemoN has a USB port which offers a completely pass-thru solution giving you direct access to the Demon & Onboard NAND's - and with the turbo mode, giving you NAND r/w speed that have never been seen before !

Xecuter hasn't forgotten JTAG fans either, There are thousands upon thousands of users out there who run a perfectly functioning JTAG machine - many of them using the Xecuter JTAG QSB Install Kits that have become so popular over the last couple of years. Not only does the DemoN support all of the latest RGH devices such as the Xecuter CoolRunner - but they have also designed the DemoN to make sure that it doesn't affect any current JTAG installs - which is perfect for those who have the QSB kits installed and working perfectly - fitting the Demon does not require that they have to remove their functioning JTAG feature. Xecuter thinks of the customer experience first and foremost !

As always with Team Xecuter you can trust that they make the absolute best quality devices paying attention to the tiniest details and making sure that the end user is completely confident in a premium product backed by their famous warranty,

Key Features of the of the DemoN

• True NextGen Dual NAND Device
  • Rock Solid Stability & Design
  • Both Phat & Slim Versions
  • Phat Small Block (SB 16MB) & Phat Big Block (BB 256MB / 512MB) Versions Available
  • Easy QuickSolder Solution (All Phats & Slim Trinity)
  • Wires Only Solder Pads Option (All versions including Corona)
  • Easy Switch Between Stock Onboard NAND and Custom NAND
  • External Module for USB / Switching / LED's
  • Sync Button NAND Switch Option
  • Turbo NAND R/W Mode (16MB Dump in 22-28 Seconds - depdnding on your PC)
  • 100% Parallel Programming (No slow SPI or PIC style Read/Write)
  • Built-In USB NAND Read/Write Hardware (NAND-X / Other SPI Hardware Not Required)
  • Intelligent Bad Block Re-Mapping
  • Onboard MicroUSB for OffLine Testing / Programming
  • Xecuter CoolRunner Programming
  • Xecuter CoolRunner Enable / Disable Feature
  • Includes DemoN to CoolRunner Adapter and FFC Ribbon Cable
  • Dedicated DemoN ToolBox Software
  • Many Low level Commands & Functions For Developers
  • Dedicated DLL For 3rd Party Developers To Fully Interface With Demon
  • Developer Features Such As Remote Power Included Out-of-the-box
  • Serial UART TX/RX Access
  • Rock Solid SMC Reset Functions
  • 16 Available I/O's - Huge Add-On Possibilities !
  • Many Add-ons & Extra Features In Development
  • Supports Phat JTAG Installs (Inc All Xecuter QSB JTAG Kits)
  • No Lifting of CE Pin on Both Phat & Slim
  • No Trace Cuts on Both Phat & Slim
  • Custom Software & Drivers
  • Fully Upgradeable Firmware
  • Proven Xecuter Build Quality & Warranty
  • Designed & Tested By Several Major Names In The Xbox Homebrew Scene
  • Much More To Come....

These are the QSB & Wire solder points for the Slim (Trinity) Model
Note: Compatible with all Coolrunner versions.
There is also an optional SYNC Connection (Brown Wire) and Remote Power Connection (Orange Wire).

Recommended Installation Equipment:

Hakko FX-888 Soldering Station - $79.95

Xecuter XBOX 360 Unlock Kit v3 - $9.95

Unlock_Kit_V3_Final_0601-1__06388_thumb.jpg

Xecuter Fiberglass Scratch Brush - $4.95

fiber__30528_thumb.jpg

GC Electronics Liquid Solder Flux - 2 oz Bottle - $8.95

liquidsolderflux__82406_thumb.jpg

demon_slim_position.jpg

slim_install_diagram_final.jpg

Will add comments later....work in progress.....

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

012a.jpg

012b.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

In case you mess up on the install, here are some alt points.
need more or different point ill do my best to find them

6/24/12 added missing RE point

7/9/12 rebuild pics added attached little sloppier then id like but pics are pre cleanup

7/9/12

moved big_teds nand pin out to op

tsopted.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a modification you can use for your DemoN chip.

Firstly you will need :-
1. Some wire/cable approx 15cms long (cut to size)
2. wire cutters
3. solder and soldering iron
4. any LED of your choice
5. Coolrunner CR3 Light.

There are various tutorials on this site that will enable you to use the LEDs already on the ROL however ive decided to use a seperate LED colour so the kids
rolleyes.png
dont get confused.

First off scrape away at the ROL board until you expose the copper of the board, you can use any part of the board being carefull not to break any traces.

dscf0074cu.jpg

Then tin the exposed area with some solder.

dscf0075a.jpg

Once tinned connect your negative side of the LED to the ROL board.

dscf00762.jpg

Now solder your cable to the positive side of the LED

dscf0080q.jpg

Tin the EN point of the CR3 Light and the connect the other end of the cable.

dscf00782.jpg

Provided you soldering is good, once you connect your slim up to the power supply the LED should now be lit indicating the demon nand is selected and when you press your demon button or sync button the led should go out indicating the stock nand is selected.

For coolrunner rev C users connect the cable to the EN pad from the demon add on

iiBobbyyy x

iiBobbyyy x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! Anyone know where I can buy a Demon for my trinity slim? Most places dont seem to sell them anymore :frown: im in the U.K

Rodent Modz

Rodent Modz

Jtags/RGHs customized consoles
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! Anyone know where I can buy a Demon for my trinity slim? Most places dont seem to sell them anymore :frown: im in the U.K
Still looking for one ? i have some I am in the US i am sure shipping can't be no more then $10 usd i have shipped controllers there for that much shipping cost

Very good Tutorial very well explained. and some really good info for those who have nand issues when soldering them

Cult

Cult

Super Saiyan
Reaction score
Sin$
Still looking for one ? i have some I am in the US i am sure shipping can't be no more then $10 usd i have shipped controllers there for that much shipping cost
This is true. When Rodent use to sell on TTG I bought from him.

Very good Tutorial very well explained. and some really good info for those who have nand issues when soldering them

TechFreak2516

TechFreak2516

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello in case you guys need the demon slim,i recommend gocybershopping,40 dollars,and the real thing,"GO" check them out (Pun,pun)

BW Inter

BW Inter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work with on trinities because modchipcentral says they don't.

B

BlaxeHazModz

Reaction score
Sin$

Hey mate do you still have a Demon Slim avail for sale & if so is it complete. i.e. with the external name selection switch board included). Please asap if so & possible. Thank you..

W

WESK1

Reaction score
Sin$
im looking for the External Module for USB mine got damage, usb port ripped off?

Top Bottom
Login
Register