• Views 599
ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Fabled Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all,
I installed my first demon on an rgh today and things were working fine. I had written the original nand of the console to the demon to verify it works, and after installing it, it booted both the original retail nand and the RGH nand. After that, i wrote the original nand back to the xbox and the rgh nand to the demon. After doing that, things just stopped working. On the demon side, Xbox forever glitches (been about 20 min so far), while on the retail side it goes to RROD. I didn't connect it to XBL or anything, and nothing else was done other than that.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all,
I installed my first demon on an rgh today and things were working fine. I had written the original nand of the console to the demon to verify it works, and after installing it, it booted both the original retail nand and the RGH nand. After that, i wrote the original nand back to the xbox and the rgh nand to the demon. After doing that, things just stopped working. On the demon side, Xbox forever glitches (been about 20 min so far), while on the retail side it goes to RROD. I didn't connect it to XBL or anything, and nothing else was done other than that.
Just to make sure have you tried switching the NANDs back to see if they work the other way?

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
your wiring is messed up somewhere. it seems like either there isnt good contact or there is too much interference. is the coolrunner light blinking green?

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Reaction score
Sin$
your wiring is messed up somewhere. it seems like either there isnt good contact or there is too much interference. is the coolrunner light blinking green?

yeah. It was glitching fine, pretty sure its not the wiring. It was an RGH for over a month before i decided to install demon, and even after that, it was working fine when i did install the demon. I'm assuming i messed something up when i wrote back the original nand dump to the xbox, as it now boots into rrod after about 5 sec, while it infinitely glitches when in demon mode

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah. It was glitching fine, pretty sure its not the wiring. It was an RGH for over a month before i decided to install demon, and even after that, it was working fine when i did install the demon. I'm assuming i messed something up when i wrote back the original nand dump to the xbox, as it now boots into rrod after about 5 sec, while it infinitely glitches when in demon mode
so if you tried completly unistalling the demon and leaving just the coolrunner, do you think it would boot? if so, then it may be either a defective demon, or you did do something wrong to the nand.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Something could have been soooooooo loose that in the time you did these things it disconnected. It happens.

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Reaction score
Sin$
Something could have been soooooooo loose that in the time you did these things it disconnected. It happens.

hmmm i'll recheck everything, but idk. I flashed the original nand on both and even set the coolrunner to prg and i get red dot. Will try unsoldering 3v3 and see what happens.

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Reaction score
Sin$
hmmm i'll recheck everything, but idk. I flashed the original nand on both and even set the coolrunner to prg and i get red dot. Will try unsoldering 3v3 and see what happens.

added some pictures of the install, maybe there's something i'm not seeing.
DSC_0001_zpsbd267dcf.jpg

DSC_0002_zps71fd5cf2.jpg

DSC_0003-1_zps9b7a9abd.jpg

DSC_0004-1_zps71dae796.jpg

DSC_0004-1_zps71dae796.jpg

Top Bottom
Login
Register