What's new

Solved Dell XPS 8700 won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bleys1137

Banned
Reaction score
I have a Dell XPS 8700 PC and can't get it to fully power on I have looked online but all I can find is that it is in standby but still can't get it to fully turn on any help would be great.

Last edited:
O

OMGnanerpus

Regular Everyday Normal MF
Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
Pull out one of the RAM sticks and try. Then put that one back in and take the other out. I've had this happen quite a bit.

O

OMGnanerpus

Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
OK I'll try that in a lIl bit
You'd also have to get a harddrive if you actually want to use the thing. Because from the looks of that bottom video, i don't think it has one...

B

Bleys1137

Banned
Reaction score
You'd also have to get a harddrive if you actually want to use the thing. Because from the looks of that bottom video, i don't think it has one...
I got a hard drive.

When I push the power button the CPU fan is loud when it's starting up then the fan goes lower in sound like a slower speed and the power button is orange

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if it's not booting bios, then it's ram problem.

B

Bleys1137

Banned
Reaction score
Pull out one of the RAM sticks and try. Then put that one back in and take the other out. I've had this happen quite a bit.
I pulled all the ram out and still no luck

Ima look online for computer repair shops in my city and see if they can find the problem I hope it's not the motherboard cuz it's an i7 quad core (Gaming PC)

And I was going to use it for Gaming mainly for GTA IV & GTA V.

O

OMGnanerpus

Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
I pulled all the ram out and still no luck

Ima look online for computer repair shops in my city and see if they can find the problem I hope it's not the motherboard cuz it's an i7 quad core (Gaming PC)

And I was going to use it for Gaming mainly for GTA IV & GTA V.
One at a time, right?

Edit: You'd be better off buying a new PC for gaming. That one won't work without putting aadecent chunk of money in it.

B

Bleys1137

Banned
Reaction score
One at a time, right?

Edit: You'd be better off buying a new PC for gaming. That one won't work without putting aadecent chunk of money in it.
Yeah one ram stick at a time it has 14GB of RAM in it 160GB HDD MSI 260x w/ 2GB RAM on the Graphics Card
the CPU is clocked @3.4Mhz I never used the PC I bought it for $999 on www.Dell.com back in 2015 the only thing I did to it back then was take the HDD out and put it in another Gaming PC but that PC was stolen in 2016 so I still had this one laying around but can't get it to boot up for some reason
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/pdp/spd/xps-8700

Last edited:
B

Bleys1137

Banned
Reaction score
O OMGnanerpus I called the computer shop and they told me they could look at the PC and check to see what the issue is for free so imma go take it to the shop and find out what the problem is and let them fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom