Dell Monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by dullo, Feb 7, 2010 with 9 replies and 145 views.

1. dullo

dullo Newbie

Ratings:
    Yesterday I went out and got myself a Dell S2409W monitor, its a 24 inch display that looks great however I noticed a lot of backlight bleed on the edges. I took it back to the best buy I got it from and replaced it for the same model again to hopefully get less bleed. When I got home and the replacement I notice some of the wires were packaged differently and when I got the monitor plugged into my computer the color settings were not at the default settings like they were on the first one. Do you think its possible I got a used monitor that best buy threw back into a box after someone else returned it? Would they do that?

2. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I suppose it's possible, but Best Buy is usually good with selling used items as advertised.

My guess is removing the other monitor caused your computer to go back to default configuration, not plugging the monitor in.

3. OP
    dullo

dullo Newbie

Ratings:
    no no it wasn't the color settings on my operating system it was the monitor itself, the on screen display settings. Or maybe it was refurbished from dell?

4. Madman340

Ratings:
    That's another possibility as well, although I would think Best Buy would sell a refurb for less. Either way, I'd say just go return it for the reasons you've given if you aren't satisfied; it does sound like it's possibly used/a refurb.

5. OP
    dullo

dullo Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah I think that's what i'm going to do. The model I have is the S2409W and dell recently came out with a model called the ST2410 sooo I might get that unless someone has any monitor reccomendations for me :biggrin: I'm looking to get a 24 and I might go down to a 22 if I hear really good things about it.
    So yeah, help would definitely be appreciated

6. Madman340

Ratings:
    I'd stick with Dell, they are known for having solid displays. As for size, I've got a 22" and am ready for an upgrade in size, but I guess it all depends on personal preference.

7. OP
    dullo

dullo Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah I had a Dell display before this and have heard good things about them so I was kinda dissapointed when this happened. No big deal though, I think I'm gonna go get that newer model (ST2410) and maybe even post back here with an update. Thanks for all the help man

8. OP
    dullo

dullo Newbie

Ratings:
    update: so the 24 inch display I was looking at appealed to me because it had..
    -1920x1080 resolution (1080p quality for my games and movies)
    -hdmi input for my xbox
    -DVI input for my computer

Those were the three main things I wanted. So after looking a little more I found that dell makes a ST2210 monitor that has the same 1920x1080 resolution and all the same inputs I needed so that's what I got and I'm damn pleased with my purchase.

9. Madman340

Ratings:
    Awesome. I'm hoping to get a Dell panel for my next monitor as they have some really crisp and accurate displays. (I am getting into web design [again])

10. iM QuicK

iM QuicK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if your looking for something other than dell i-inc has some sweet screens what i use, even for my 360 great quality but i have a dell laptop and the screens never given me problems.