What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Deleting Duplicated Aurora Games CAUSES AURORA TO FORMAT HARD DRIVE

• Thread starter ebksway
  • Start date
  • Views 1,286
E

ebksway

Reaction score
Sin$
While browsing aurora and deleting duplicated games which had no folder present when viewing the "details / file manager" for said games.. I made a HUGE mistake. I went to delete an old duplicated version of BO1 which when I was confirming the delete it said something such as
"Path: Xbox 360/HDD/--blank--"

I quickly realized after confirming the deletion that something was not correct. It started taking much longer than the previous 4-5 games I just delted with no issues. I then start slowly watching aurora delete every file / folder on my HDD.

So I was already beating myself up because I knew what was happening while it was happening. Just to make my way to neighborhood after the deleting was completed to find my HDD close to empty. No Games, no Plugins, no Homebrew except for Aurora and it's 3 empty folders.

I was devistated, but I was not going to be defeated by this stupid *** mistake.

I started off by NOT SHUTTING THE CONSOLE OFF. I THOUGHT THE ENTIRE XBOX WAS "FORMATTED" I THOUGHT I DELETED THE RESET GLITCH HACK AND WAS GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THIS XBOX APART / FLASH THE NAND (WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO). I MIGHT STILL HAVE TO DO IT IDK... I have not restarted the xbox yet, so idk if the dashboard is going to load properly once I do so. I am nervous as f***.

but so far I have started installed required plugins and apps such as dash launch, xexmenu, etc. but I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THE CONSOLE WILL BOOT PROPERLY ONCE I RESTART IT.
What else am I going to need on the HDD root folder before giving a shot at a restart? So far I got XBDM.xex. launch.ini.. I will be so butthurt if I ****ed my own console up because of Auroras ****** *** buggy piece of **** dashboard.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If your HDD is formatted, recovering is fairly easy.

To run homebrew apps you will need xexmenu 1.2 on a USB drive. From here, you can use Aurora or FSD3 if you want a homebrew dashboard, or simply just use xexmenu.

For plugins, you’ll need Dashlaunch > xbdm, your stealth server, JRPC2, maybe xdrpc and whatever else you want.

For games, you can download them online (can’t help you find where as piracy is bad!) and can transfer them using USBs or ftp clients.

E

ebksway

Reaction score
Sin$
I started a bunch of downloads before falling asleep for all games / DLC needing to be replaced. Some of the menus / mods that I had for certain games is going to be be the tricky part. I am more than less concerned about why Aurora decided to be a huge pain in my ***...?
Atm first a few weeks ago it decided to "corrupt" every single one of my game .xex's causing them to not boot at all because of an issue related to mis-matching Title IDS and Media IDS and other authentication errors.
This led me to steer clear from Aurora mainly but custom dashboards in general. I would like to switch over to FSD 3 but that app gives me issues as well, having errors whenever I try to scan directories for games. Ill get an error every time saying "Return to retail dash, try to continue, or reboot console" which I always choose "try to continue" and that usually leads me to being able to use the app with limited capibilities

S7_Kewizzle

S7_Kewizzle

Developer Kitchen Manager
Programmer Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Formatting the HDD will not delete system files that includes the RGH and original dashboard.

Top Bottom
Login
Register