Deleteing an Xbox Live Gold Account

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by 1337Konane, Jan 7, 2009 with 8 replies and 412 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337Konane

1337Konane Enthusiast

Ratings:
    As some of you may know my Xbox Live account was recently hacked. During the past month or so I created a temporary Xbox Live Gold account, with the thought of it being my new main account.

Since I had my stolen account returned I no longer have a need for the temporary account I created and wish to delete it. The stolen account I had mentioned had it's GamerTag changed and now I would like to change it's GamerTag to the one I plan on deleting(the temporary account). Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

2. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    I don't actually think you can delete a gamertag, the only thing to do would be change the gamtertags both accounts

3. OvErDr1vEz

OvErDr1vEz Newbie

Ratings:
    Well, what i would do is call up xbox live and give them proof that both accounts are yours and ask if you can get them changed or switched or w/e. Other than that, theres no way to switch them. I would do frabar said if xbl wont do anything for you. Since your not "technically" renaming your xbl account, since that would cost money, they might do it. Best thing to do would be at least give it a try. not like you got somethin to lose right? :wink:

4. OP
    1337Konane

1337Konane Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah I called up M$ to confirm this, you CAN have a GT deleted, but if they decide to delete it the name of the said GT will not be recycled.

Now, I got another question related to this issue. It looks like I will just have to change the GT on both account to get the desired name. Last night I picked up a 1400 MS point card (in Canada we got 1400 instead of 1600, in case your wondering) and changed both the GT,but on my temporary account I still have 600 MS points left over.

I know there isn't a way to transfer points between accounts but is there a way I can download certain content (ie. arcade game, gamer pics, etc.) on the temporary account and still access that content on my main account? (keep in mind both account are on the same console)

5. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    points aren't transferable but i believe game add-ons are, not that you'll be able to buy anything for 600msp anyways <_<

6. OP
    1337Konane

1337Konane Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well I was thinking about buying the Legendary Map Pack, it's 600 MS points exactly. But before I do, does anyone know for sure if you can't transfer arcade games, gamer pics and such?

7. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    They sell 800MS Point Cards, so you can buy two. One for the main and one for the secondary. By the way each one is $10

8. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    those are only available in the USA if I'm not mistaken, and msp's are region locked

9. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    Why not just make the gamertag the same just add an X or something or if theres a "O" in it make the "O" a "0" (zero) just make a small change like that.

heres a quote from what my buddy in the UK said about MS cards
    Not fair how they get 500 and all those but we dont :frown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.