Solved Defective GTA5.exe file

• Thread starter Zarksch
  • Start date
  • Views 1,196
Z

Zarksch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From one second to another, my gta stopped working. It crashes everytime ℑ‘m trying to launch it, in the loading screen.
I added lots of ped mods before doings this, but it’s pretty much impossible they‘re causing that because after that ℑ freed the game of all mods and reinstalled the whole game 3 times..so I thought it would be my nvidia driver, but when ℑ checked the windows security event log, it said my gta5.exe is defective, ℑ reinstalled it another time, still the same.
I tried verifying the files via steam, didn’t find anything. Deleted gta5.exe, checked then it would Redownload, but after everything ℑ said it’s still the same, it still says my gta5.exe is defective.
Is there any way to fix this ?

T

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
You've done eceeverythi would have. I haven't experienced anything that is a persistent error like this either.

I hate suggesting this to be honest because they're absolutely dismal but you could try contacting rockstar support and telling them what you have done or tried to rectify it, like above and then seeing if they suggest anything else.

If anything it's worth a try until someone else comes along with an answer.

Z

Zarksch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably what ℑ need to try..even though from what ℑ‘ve heard the support doesn’t really know a lot about the game itself

ℑ also don’t get why the hecc my thread was moved to modding support ? ℑ clearly stated that mods are definitely not responsible for the crash since there are no mods installed anymore and ℑ reinstalled the game multiple times

Top Bottom