• Thread starter M83
  • Start date
  • Views 1,506
M83

M83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry if this is in wrong section but...

I know in like MW3 you need to mod the default_mp.xex to get super jump and what not. But in games like CoD4 you need to "mod" the default_mp.xex just to run a modded patch. Why is this and why is it that if I run CoD4 without a modded patch and a "modded default_mp.xex" there are no mods.

I know this may sound confusing but I couldnt think of another way to word it easier

L

LM x EMINEM

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$

I know in like MW3 you need to mod the default_mp.xex to get super jump and what not. But in games like CoD4 you need to "mod" the default_mp.xex just to run a modded patch. Why is this and why is it that if I run CoD4 without a modded patch and a "modded default_mp.xex" there are no mods.

I know this may sound confusing but I couldnt think of another way to word it easier
Lol all cods will need a modded xex to run patches any cod can run an xex with mods if you have a xex with mods for cod4 and its not showing mods then A:Somebody didnt know what they were doing or its just a retail xex

M83

M83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol all cods will need a modded xex to run patches any cod can run an xex with mods if you have a xex with mods for cod4 and its not showing mods then A:Somebody didnt know what they were doing or its just a retail xex

No what im saying is I put a patch on my JTAG without a modded default_mp.xex and nothing happened. Then when I put the modded default_mp.xex on all the mods on the patch worked but I couldnt find anything different with the modded default_mp.xex (like no superjump or anything it seemed normal) im just wondering what makes a modded default_mp.xex "modded" because the one i have for cod4 makes my patches work but doesnt seem to give any mods of its own. once again sorry if this sounds confusing but its hard to explain lol

Cookiess

jlbw96

Enthusiast
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No what im saying is I put a patch on my JTAG without a modded default_mp.xex and nothing happened. Then when I put the modded default_mp.xex on all the mods on the patch worked but I couldnt find anything different with the modded default_mp.xex (like no superjump or anything it seemed normal) im just wondering what makes a modded default_mp.xex "modded" because the one i have for cod4 makes my patches work but doesnt seem to give any mods of its own. once again sorry if this sounds confusing but its hard to explain lol

It could be that the 'modded default_mp.xex' is a title updated .xex because most of the time cod 4 patches wont work if you havent got a default_mp.xex that is title update patched to a certain update or higher that the cod 4 patch works on if you get what I mean.

M83

M83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be that the 'modded default_mp.xex' is a title updated .xex because most of the time cod 4 patches wont work if you havent got a default_mp.xex that is title update patched to a certain update or higher that the cod 4 patch works on if you get what I mean.

Yeah I get you thanks for explaining because its not like its crazy important, just one of those things I was wondering how it worked. Thanks though

cabooose

cabooose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

To run a modified patch you have to remove the security checks in the xex.

iTzZ Fenix

iTzZ Fenix

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I get you thanks for explaining because its not like its crazy important, just one of those things I was wondering how it worked. Thanks though
Yeah on all default.xex's whe have (i think) SHA1 protection that do not permit any type of mod we need to remove it and some default.xex's comes with dvars altered (super jump,pro mod, chrome.....) people mod dvars on default.xex when we dont know how to extract/edit the .ff files

Top Bottom
Login
Register