What's new

Discussion DeeJ just confirmed that there's only one area per planet.

Krafty

Krafty

It was me the whole time!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...just_confirmed_that_theres_only_one_area_per/
During a "2old2play" live-stream on Twitch, Deej was asked how many "explorable areas" there are per planet. He went on to say that there are in fact one destination per planet.

The live-stream is still going on, so I can't link it on here, but once it is over I will.

Edit 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/2old2play/b/551599375 Go to 1:49:30

xSpArKx

xSpArKx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
According to a post that has appeared on the Destiny subreddit, users have been able to find out what the final game of Destiny will have. According to the information, Destiny, at launch, will have 22 Story missions, 11 Crucible maps, 6 Strikes, 4 Exploration areas, and 1 Raid.

As of right now, this list is not official and Bungie has not confirmed this information. What we do know is that each Planet in Destiny will have one explorable area, which appears to match the list above.

It appears that more places to explore and missions will be added in Expansion Packs. We’ll keep you updated..

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/2...kes-4-exploration-areas-and-1-raid-at-launch/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...at/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

D

Decayse

Stand on guard for thee
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what I was talking about in other threads. Kinda has me bummed out because the story missions so far have been extremely anticlimactic and lackluster. I'm debating on picking it up on day 1 now and waiting for some reviews.

FGE
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what I was talking about in other threads. Kinda has me bummed out because the story missions so far have been extremely anticlimactic and lackluster. I'm debating on picking it up on day 1 now and waiting for some reviews.
i say grab it still you never know.

xSpArKx

xSpArKx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i say grab it still you never know.
I still intend on picking up the Limited Edition that I preordered with the hope that it can become and ever expanding universe of gameplay.

People also have to keep in mind that leveling up was accelerated for the beta, even though it won't take long to get to max level. I see it becoming a grind for gear and trying to bring the best stuff you can to go on a raid and such. The game still has plenty of potential and hopefully we really did only get a small taste of whats to come. Here is to high hopes.

D

Decayse

Stand on guard for thee
Reaction score
Sin$
I still intend on picking up the Limited Edition that I preordered with the hope that it can become and ever expanding universe of gameplay.

People also have to keep in mind that leveling up was accelerated for the beta, even though it won't take long to get to max level. I see it becoming a grind for gear and trying to bring the best stuff you can to go on a raid and such. The game still has plenty of potential and hopefully we really did only get a small taste of whats to come. Here is to high hopes.
It wont keep expanding past the DLC. Bungie signed a contract with Activision to make it a bi-yearly game. Once the next game comes out in 2016, the only support the game will get is multiplayer and a patch every few months for stability.

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Wolf's Sin of Pride / Lolicon
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully there won't only be paid DLC.. I don't mind 1 area per planet is they're pretty huge since the area is split up into sectors.. To the person who commented about the story missions this isn't a sequel or anything so of course the starting missions would be pretty bland. Hopefully these DLC won't be unlock DLC and will actually be DLC that was made after release and not before. But seeing as it's Activison I can already see it happening... I still plan on buying it though I enjoyed the beta for hours on end and it is only like what 10% of the game?

I am sad about 1 raid mission though... and that it'll be bi-yearly makes me think Destiny 2 will be poop.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to add a bunch more stuff too. Also, the planets are split into different sections so it's like the planets are pretty big. This really doesn't make any difference to me. The BETA has honestly been fun enough.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Kinda thought it would be that way, but I still will buy it. It's extremely fun.

D

Decayse

Stand on guard for thee
Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully there won't only be paid DLC.. I don't mind 1 area per planet is they're pretty huge since the area is split up into sectors.. To the person who commented about the story missions this isn't a sequel or anything so of course the starting missions would be pretty bland. Hopefully these DLC won't be unlock DLC and will actually be DLC that was made after release and not before. But seeing as it's Activison I can already see it happening... I still plan on buying it though I enjoyed the beta for hours on end and it is only like what 10% of the game?

I am sad about 1 raid mission though... and that it'll be bi-yearly makes me think Destiny 2 will be poop.
Not only that but every mission consists of; Go here -> Deploy Ghost -> Fight of Enemies (and repeat)

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to add a bunch more stuff too. Also, the planets are split into different sections so it's like the planets are pretty big. This really doesn't make any difference to me. The BETA has honestly been fun enough.
Super fun and it's only 10% of the full game. 
Not only that but every mission consists of; Go here -> Deploy Ghost -> Fight of Enemies (and repeat)
That's the part that sucks I picked up on that right away, but it still has potential to not be repetitive like that. We are talking about Bungie here, and they go in depth with their games.

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
Which I'm ok with the game hasn't been marketed as story driven yet other than lore I could careless. The game is more co-op oriented than it is single player experience. So long as I can play with friends and earn loot the story won't matter to me till the end when I read up on all the lore. Not to mention exploration is pretty fun to do and leads you to odd places. Plus it's bungie so hidden things MUST BE FOUND!

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would hope they add more raids in the future, that sounds fun with a group of friends. Especially for legendary loot!

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Downgrade confirmed.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Earth

Disappointed. I'll wait for this game to be on sale.

Hopefully there won't only be paid DLC..

barPC8d.gif

Activision is working on this game too you know. :wink:

Seriously though, there will be two expansions. $19.99 each or $34.99 for the "Expansion Pass".

Abaddon HD

Abaddon HD

Reaction score
Sin$
Downgrade confirmed.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Earth

Disappointed. I'll wait for this game to be on sale.

barPC8d.gif

Activision is working on this game too you know. :wink:

Seriously though, there will be two expansions. $19.99 each or $34.99 for the "Expansion Pass".
They can easily pull a mass effect / state of decay where they have some paid DLC and also things that are added into the game for everyone to enjoy since it is bungie. I know Act is in it which is why I said hopefully ;-;

Sobriquet

Sobriquet

Banned
Retired
Bright Idea End of the Year 2014 Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That sucks. I'll still get it on day one but that is really upsetting.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
That sucks. I'll still get it on day one but that is really upsetting.

I agree. My first disappointment so far. I know that everyone says that it will be split into sectors but I wanted more exploration through out every planet. I didn't want to be limited but then again, this game is on a console so I can understand why Bungie did this. Now I have mixed feeling for this.

BASlC

BASlC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did people really think Destiny was going to be a game where entire planets are explorable? That's not what I got out of the BETA.

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Since people kept b****ing and moaning about this subject, Urk. (a Bungie community manager) had to come out of the shadows yesterday to respond to the wide disappointment.

urk said:
Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built [to] support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

Fluch

Fluch

Reaction score
Sin$
Things like thiss can often counter itself. ... one area for planet would be good for PvE and not PvP right?

Top Bottom
Login
Register