What's new

Decent Headset for PC Gaming?

• Thread starter Madman
  • Start date
  • Views 1,251
Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking for a nice wireless headset to upgrade from my Hyper X1's, which I've had for about 2-3 years. All the headsets I can find always have negative reviews pointing out why not to buy the headset. So, I thought why not ask the gaming community who helped me build my computer.

My budget is 150USD

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
wireless headsets, they all suck.
Really? The cord on my current headset (Hyper X1's) drive me insane. I constantly knock them off the table or get the cord stuck under my chair.

A

avensis18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do not agree if you choose a good brand you will be satisfied.

Last edited:
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest the Astro A50s

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Free Hoster Discord Integration
Reaction score
Sin$
If your looking for a headset that'll last you for a VERY long time with constant day to day use I'd DEFINITELY recommend Astro's. I've had my Astro A40 Tournament Headsets the type that they use at MLG Events for years & it still works with no problems as well as the Mixamp. Those headsets are honestly tanks, yes they're pricey but it's SERIOUSLY worth the price. I've used them for general gaming, streaming, Competing in CoD & I mean at the Pro level like with Pro Players & my lord I don't regret paying $250 for them at all because of how good they are & how long they last. I can say not to EVER go for wireless Bluetooth headsets they're terrible & not worth it at all. I've seen experience's first hand with my brother in law & his cousin they've gone thru headset after headset buying them wireless & it's really not worth it because all you're doing is wasting money. Go for Astro's... I know it's $100 over your budget but I promise you it's worth it & if your not over age to make your own decisions, tell your parent's that they won't have to buy you another one for literally years unless you don't take care of your things & you just toss them like it's trash but that's something different LMAO.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If your looking for a headset that'll last you for a VERY long time with constant day to day use I'd DEFINITELY recommend Astro's. I've had my Astro A40 Tournament Headsets the type that they use at MLG Events for years & it still works with no problems as well as the Mixamp. Those headsets are honestly tanks, yes they're pricey but it's SERIOUSLY worth the price. I've used them for general gaming, streaming, Competing in CoD & I mean at the Pro level like with Pro Players & my lord I don't regret paying $250 for them at all because of how good they are & how long they last. I can say not to EVER go for wireless Bluetooth headsets they're terrible & not worth it at all. I've seen experience's first hand with my brother in law & his cousin they've gone thru headset after headset buying them wireless & it's really not worth it because all you're doing is wasting money. Go for Astro's... I know it's $100 over your budget but I promise you it's worth it & if your not over age to make your own decisions, tell your parent's that they won't have to buy you another one for literally years unless you don't take care of your things & you just toss them like it's trash but that's something different LMAO.
Newer Astro's no, they sound like a tin can garbage headset. Just got rid of my A50's because of how bad they really were.

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
Newer Astro's no, they sound like a tin can garbage headset. Just got rid of my A50's because of how bad they really were.
Okay newer Astro's I'd let it everyone else buy first so they get the defaulted headsets but as for A40's they've been out for a while so you should be fine & that's when I bought my headset. They didn't just come out it was at least where the wireless A50's or something around that nature came out basically the one that was released after the A40's.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay newer Astro's I'd let it everyone else buy first so they get the defaulted headsets but as for A40's they've been out for a while so you should be fine & that's when I bought my headset. They didn't just come out it was at least where the wireless A50's or something around that nature came out basically the one that was released after the A40's.
Gen 2 of the Astro line of headsets were good, apparently after that they went downhill bad.

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
Gen 2 of the Astro line of headsets were good, apparently after that they went downhill bad.
Okay I honestly had no clue they went downhill but that's what I must have is the 2nd generation because my Astro's are still working perfectly fine after multiple years. Thankfully I got the A40's & none after that or before.

grantcate

grantcate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still using HyperX Alpha even though it's been almost 3 years since I bought it. I think these headphones will suit you too, although new versions of HyperX have already appeared. So buy at your discretion, I used only HyperX Alpha, so I can only say about them.

Innovative

Innovative

○ Innovation By Idea ○
Chatty Kathy Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I honestly had no clue they went downhill but that's what I must have is the 2nd generation because my Astro's are still working perfectly fine after multiple years. Thankfully I got the A40's & none after that or before.
I used to have the A40s with the mixamp or whatever. One of the best headsets I ever had. Absolutely loved them.

Innovative

Innovative

○ Innovation By Idea ○
Reaction score
Sin$
They honestly are the best I love them.
I beat them up pretty well. Back then I was taking my console places and I was pleasantly surprised at the build quality of the A40s.

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
I beat them up pretty well. Back then I was taking my console places and I was pleasantly surprised at the build quality of the A40s.
That's actually pretty good for testing them without it being on purpose lol

Innovative

Innovative

○ Innovation By Idea ○
Reaction score
Sin$
That's actually pretty good for testing them without it being on purpose lol
Oh, absolutely. With regular travels, I got at least 3/4 years out of them before I switched. Noted, that I also switched since I went to PC gaming so the headset wasn't actually broken at all. I just got a new pair since I was upgrading at the time anyway. I grew up on Astros, so they have a special place in my heart. :smile:

M

Medusa

Medusa Lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, absolutely. With regular travels, I got at least 3/4 years out of them before I switched. Noted, that I also switched since I went to PC gaming so the headset wasn't actually broken at all. I just got a new pair since I was upgrading at the time anyway. I grew up on Astros, so they have a special place in my heart. :smile:
That's actually insane LOL

Top Bottom
Login
Register