• Start date
  • Views 3,209
Shorty

Shorty

Rowdy Gentleman
Donator Mr. Nice Guy Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
People only really think about the death of ONLINE stuff, like 10th lobbies. But the truth is, 10th lobbies arent what jtags are made for. Its just a reason that a lot of bat s**t stupid 12 year olds decided to buy a jtag with there saved up allowance. Jtags shouldnt be run online, however that is what most people (including me) do with them. Its just a phase. Soon, MW2 will be DEAD. Just like CoD4 and CoD5 are. People always move to the newest thing. But the best thing about jtags, are that they can NEVER be 100% gotten rid of. So I can still play every game, emulator, and everything else I have downloaded onto a storage device. Long story short, MW2 will die, but jtags will live forever :biggrin:

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
or.. we could always find a way to exploit the slims + use that to get newer jtags + kvs..
as i understand it the jtag ports are for debugging and for fixing nand problems on xboxs that get sent in to M$ + in the manufcaturing process for programming..
therefore M$ must make it so the jtag ports or something else is functional for them to change the software + run debugging software on them or they're stopping themselves fixing their own consoles + losing a serious amount of money.. and as M$ are a business they wouldnt do that..

So now we'll have to wait until the next exploit (which should be found in another 5 years :/) but im hopeful + there could be a new one in the next year :lol: lol

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I just hope when I finally get some money for a Jtag they will still exist and every last KV wont be spent on MW2.

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you forgotten that the 360 has much better security than the original xbox? Have you forgotten that the JTAG hack was patched already? That is has been patched for over a year now and was patched before the hack was even made public. The new 360 isn't a fix for the JTAG's. It has nothing to do with the JTAG's. Its just a new face for the 360 with a couple more features. Microsoft has already solved the JTAG issue. No new consoles can be modded. Consoles are banned within 4-5 hours of signing on with the hack. Microsoft has it under control.
YAAAY! :biggrin:

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
or.. we could always find a way to exploit the slims + use that to get newer jtags + kvs..
as i understand it the jtag ports are for debugging and for fixing nand problems on xboxs that get sent in to M$ + in the manufcaturing process for programming..
therefore M$ must make it so the jtag ports or something else is functional for them to change the software + run debugging software on them or they're stopping themselves fixing their own consoles + losing a serious amount of money.. and as M$ are a business they wouldnt do that..

So now we'll have to wait until the next exploit (which should be found in another 5 years :/) but im hopeful + there could be a new one in the next year :lol: lol

As you said, the JTAG ports are used in the manufacturing process. The actual JTAG ports are all still usable on every single functioning xbox in existence. The JTAG hack that lets us run unsigned code has been patched. MS can sign their own code, so there is no problem with any internal tools and repairs. So they're not loosing anything. :/

twochikenwang

twochikenwang

Chuck Norris
Reaction score
Sin$
are you guys serious?im so suprised this wasnt posted in the mw2 section <_<
jtags wont "die" unless you set them on fire and throw them out of a plane...... just because a 12 yr old kiddie cant act like a super 1337 H4XZ0R to his friends by hosting 10th lobbies doesnt mean that we should all just throw away our jtags. if they are completely shut off line then im fine with it...

JustGruntinIt

Jstocker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you people do know that KV or keyvaults are generated codes they will never run out theres always new ones being generated each day! :tongue:

Chris3356

Chris3356

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Another user who refuses to accept the fact that JTAGs should not be online at all. The JTAGs will never die until every single pre-NXE xbox breaks to the point of non-repair (tens of years in the future, at the minimum). When Microsoft either finds a way to ban keyvaults instantly, or the community runs out (Someone did the math and it won't be for at least another year, if I remember correctly), or the new rebooter does not allow live access, I will be extremely happy. What does the end of online modding with JTAGs mean? It means little kids whose parents bought them JTAGs will sell them since the kid will find them boring and have no use for them. The only people who will keep their JTAGs are modders who understand what the true value of a JTAG is, and fortunately, these people are rare. The end of online modding with JTAGs will begin a huge wave of kids selling their (in their eyes) useless JTAGs at low prices to be snatched up by real modders who know how to use them and explore new options. I look forward to the day when I no longer get spammed with "1600 MSP for 10th" on xbox live, and when I don't have to hear little kids bragging about their new JTAG.

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Another user who refuses to accept the fact that JTAGs should not be online at all. The JTAGs will never die until every single pre-NXE xbox breaks to the point of non-repair (tens of years in the future, at the minimum). When Microsoft either finds a way to ban keyvaults instantly, or the community runs out (Someone did the math and it won't be for at least another year, if I remember correctly), or the new rebooter does not allow live access, I will be extremely happy. What does the end of online modding with JTAGs mean? It means little kids whose parents bought them JTAGs will sell them since the kid will find them boring and have no use for them. The only people who will keep their JTAGs are modders who understand what the true value of a JTAG is, and fortunately, these people are rare. The end of online modding with JTAGs will begin a huge wave of kids selling their (in their eyes) useless JTAGs at low prices to be snatched up by real modders who know how to use them and explore new options. I look forward to the day when I no longer get spammed with "1600 MSP for 10th" on xbox live, and when I don't have to hear little kids bragging about their new JTAG.

I couldn't have put it any better myself, as the saying goes, an online Jtag is an unhappy Jtag. I should hope when they gat banned at instant connection to live that smart people will be able to play games over Xkai with each other. That would be great. Also don't you think when the resorces dry up kiddies who missed their chance for thenth are just going to pound this site over "H4cK1ng teh X8()X S1IM Cuz It h4Z Sm4LL3R M0B0"
^^^^^(I love when I get asked this on XBL)

deep3r

deep3r

Reaction score
Sin$
They'll easily find a way to flagged and ban xbox 360 consoles faster.

Keyvaults will eventually run out.

I wouldn't say there won't be any "deaths for JTAGs" it's just everyone with a JTAG will not have the ability to go on Xbox live someday.

Microsoft can easily stop JTAGs from going online because Jester is on the Freeboot team as you all may know and he said the next Freeboot version will NOT have Xbox live, I'm sure someone will find a way around this.

M

moeiscool

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nah not death. more like giving life
death to the idiots going online with them.
but life for the proper use of jtag =D

Z89

zackf89

Xbox Modification/Repair Master
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft can easily stop JTAGs from going online because Jester is on the Freeboot team as you all may know and he said the next Freeboot version will NOT have Xbox live, I'm sure someone will find a way around this.

never get sick of saying this: your an idiot

T

Thats so Raven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if they wanted to patch it they could. They aren't trying to just make us forget about it

Top Bottom
Login
Register