Solved Dead Space 2 on JTAG

• Thread starter GruntFX
  • Start date
  • Views 17,300
G

GruntFX

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Folks, Has any one worked out how to play Dead Space 2 on an a JTAG External Drive. Normally with 2 disc games it is a matter of copying disc 2 onto disc 1 for 1 big folder. But in this case the second disc has 3 or 4 main files which are exactly the same name, so overwriting them is not an option. Is there another way of doing this. The only way i have found is to burn a copy of disc 2 and play off the disc when the game prompts for disc 2. I have not yet flashed my drive as it has been a JTAG machine only and use my Kreon Drive to rip games, so i have never had a need to use LT.

Cheers, Grant

The Steve

The Steve

Not a Pirate
Retired
Hardened Veteran Legendary Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Make a folder called "Dead Space 2 Disc 1"
Put all the files from disc 1 in that folder on your External HDD.
Make another folder called "Dead Space 2 Disc 2"
Put the files from Disc 2 into that folder on your External HDD.
Then launch Disc 1 from XeX menu and play it untill it says switch disc (A good 5 hours of Gameplay before switching is need)
Then when prompted to switch discs go back to Xex menu and launch Disc 2's Xex, presto.

G

GruntFX

Reaction score
Sin$
Will the game recognize it when it needs to? Or do i need FSD 2 to scan it and recognize it as a disc first?
From my understanding it is only after chapter 6 that it asks for disc 2.

Grant

Thanks for responses. I was a little bit bummed getting too far into the game knowing I may not have been able to play it all.

The Steve

The Steve

Not a Pirate
Retired
Hardened Veteran Legendary Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Will the game recognize it when it needs to? Or do i need FSD 2 to scan it and recognize it as a disc first?
From my understanding it is only after chapter 6 that it asks for disc 2.

Grant

Thanks for responses. I was a little bit bummed getting too far into the game knowing I may not have been able to play it all.

As long as there in folders with different names your good, you don't need to insert a different disc. Just launch Disc 2's Xex when the time comes.

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as there in folders with different names your good, you don't need to insert a different disc. Just launch Disc 2's Xex when the time comes.

That only works if the game lets you save before swapping to disk 2. I had the same trouble with final fantasy but i used the quick launch method where you make a quick launch for both disks, then when it asks for number 2 you press the guide button and quick launch 2. Final fantasy does not let you save before the disk change but i don't know about ds2 yet!

DrZimbabwe

DrZimbabwe

Peace at Last
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Make a folder in your games called Dead Space. Inside that make one called Disc2 and another called Disc 2. When you get to the end of disc one,Simply boot back to FSD or XeX Menu and load it up. Worked fine for me with Castelvania.

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Folks, Has any one worked out how to play Dead Space 2 on an a JTAG External Drive. Normally with 2 disc games it is a matter of copying disc 2 onto disc 1 for 1 big folder. But in this case the second disc has 3 or 4 main files which are exactly the same name, so overwriting them is not an option. Is there another way of doing this. The only way i have found is to burn a copy of disc 2 and play off the disc when the game prompts for disc 2. I have not yet flashed my drive as it has been a JTAG machine only and use my Kreon Drive to rip games, so i have never had a need to use LT.

Cheers, Grant

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DUDE :smile:

Click THIS LINK You need dashlaunch and this plugin but i can verify its working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Foogi

Foogi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DUDE :smile:

Click THIS LINK You need dashlaunch and this plugin but i can verify its working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I tried this but my game still freezes in the elevator like the elevator will never stop even though i got past the swap disks screen and i have no idea whats wrong anyone have any ideas?

ScrewedupSmitty

ScrewedupSmitty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I found this on your360stop, but I don't know where they're getting these files, I extract the isos and get video and audio files like I'm burning a DVD, no .viv files. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? I'm trying this method because I dont have dashlaunch btw. Thanks in advance

"I extracted the files from the iso of disc 1 and put them in a directory called 454108df. I then extracted both bigfile0.viv and bigfile1.viv to the same directory and renamed them bigfile2.viv and bigfile3.viv respectively. I then copied it the directory to my content 000000000000000 directory on my jtag and executed default.xex.

Seems to work a treat. Will make a shortcut with quickboot later when I get a chance.

Hope this helps"

J

JD45

Reaction score
Sin$
A related question as I ran in to the same issue.

The way I go back to XeX menu is by hitting the guide button and then going back to the dashboard. I did that when it prompted for disc 2. Went to "Dead Space 2" which is how I have it listed in my games folder and loaded it up. It loaded fine and then prompted for disc 1.

Is there another way to go back to xex menu w/o having to go back to the dashboard?

Thanks,
JD

Edit: I fixed myself. For anyone else, I had to install dashlaunch and then the disc swap patch that is out there for dashlaunch. Took me a bit to get everything setup right, but just tested and it didn't even blink during disc loads :biggrin:

L

lanemiller

Reaction score
Sin$
A related question as I ran in to the same issue.

The way I go back to XeX menu is by hitting the guide button and then going back to the dashboard. I did that when it prompted for disc 2. Went to "Dead Space 2" which is how I have it listed in my games folder and loaded it up. It loaded fine and then prompted for disc 1.

Is there another way to go back to xex menu w/o having to go back to the dashboard?

Thanks,
JD

Edit: I fixed myself. For anyone else, I had to install dashlaunch and then the disc swap patch that is out there for dashlaunch. Took me a bit to get everything setup right, but just tested and it didn't even blink during disc loads :biggrin:

Would you mind maybe making a tut for this? It would be nice for anyone that might want to know how, if you include dl links and what not. I'm trying to do this just to make a save right before the final boss on hardcore mode to upload for other users, and this fix might be helpful.

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
just a quick question since im getting my 2tb this march 2 im wondering if i install (like on the retail 360) both disk one and two will it prompt for disk 2?

I

Ibra654

Reaction score
Sin$
Make a folder called "Dead Space 2 Disc 1"
Put all the files from disc 1 in that folder on your External HDD.
Make another folder called "Dead Space 2 Disc 2"
Put the files from Disc 2 into that folder on your External HDD.
Then launch Disc 1 from XeX menu and play it untill it says switch disc (A good 5 hours of Gameplay before switching is need)
Then when prompted to switch discs go back to Xex menu and launch Disc 2's Xex, presto.
Hi guys I have a problem with the game dead space 2 ... xbox 360 i use the xex menu program and when i finished disc 1 it calls disc 2 knowing that the game i have is complete and often you transfer automatically ... but now i have not tried a lot and i used aurora program And anything but nothing I can't play disc 2 ... Did anyone help me ... I found one solution which was that I was looking for a save game chapetre 7 but I did not find that either is there any help please

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys I have a problem with the game dead space 2 ... xbox 360 i use the xex menu program and when i finished disc 1 it calls disc 2 knowing that the game i have is complete and often you transfer automatically ... but now i have not tried a lot and i used aurora program And anything but nothing I can't play disc 2 ... Did anyone help me ... I found one solution which was that I was looking for a save game chapetre 7 but I did not find that either is there any help please
Aurora does not have an auto-swap feature for discs. You'll need to use the swap feature in Dashlaunch or FSD and make sure that you have the discs installed correctly on your HDD.

I

Ibra654

Reaction score
Sin$
Aurora does not have an auto-swap feature for discs. You'll need to use the swap feature in Dashlaunch or FSD and make sure that you have the discs installed correctly on your HDD.
I have dashlunch and i use pluning ... but not working... i dont know what is FSD

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
FSD is FreeStyle Dash. I don't think there is a way to have disc-swap in Aurora. I could be wrong though. I don't know of anyone personally whom got it to work properly.

I

Ibra654

Reaction score
Sin$
FSD is FreeStyle Dash. I don't think there is a way to have disc-swap in Aurora. I could be wrong though. I don't know of anyone personally whom got it to work properly.
I understand but i don’t know how to switch disc 2 Dead space 2 ... To know i dont have folder name Hdd i just have usb drive ...
It's a little difficult for me and complicated. It needs a video ... and I don't know if I can publish a video in order to see the problem where ... but it came to my mind that a solution was possible ... I want to save the game chapetre 7 dead space 2 If that possible

Top Bottom
Login
Register