Tutorial Dead Rising 2 : Platnium Strip (FREEZE) FIXED

• Thread starter Dre1356
  • Start date
  • Views 7,615
D

Dre1356

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By request via PM here is exactly what I did to get the game to work properly (I'm posting it here to help out future searchers).

I'm on kmeaw firmware.

*NOTE THAT dev_hdd0/game and dev_hdd0/GAMES ARE DIFFERENT!!!!*
"GAMES, GAMEZ, ect." are created by backup managers to store your backups. "game" is already there in your ps3!

1. Copied the game over to my hdd0/GAMES folder via FTP
2. Started my PS3 and deleted Dead Rising 2 under the save data and game data utilities on the XMB.
3. Restarted my PS3.
4. Turned it back on and installed the DR2.pkg from the link on page 1 from my USB stick.
5. Copied all of the files from the .rar archive in the link to dev_hdd0/game/BLES00001 via FTP. BLES00001 SHOULD ALREADY EXIST IN THIS DIRECTORY, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CREATE IT
6. You can do step 2 a couple different ways depending on how you got the game. If you downloaded it, you can now take the original data folder from your computer and copy it into the BLES00001/usrdir. If you ripped it from Blu-Ray you'll want to navigate to the original dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLES00948/usrdir (that is the euro gameid, if you have the US version it will be different) and copy the data folder from there into the dev_hdd0/game/BLES00001/usrdir.
7. Restart your PS3, run fixpermissions, and start the game via eboot. It should now work and you should be able to get onto the platinum strip.

P

purepkarabb

Reaction score
where is this link? for the file please

I

iTzJ03y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the link and dont forget to give credit to the original post at ngu.

Top Bottom