Solved Dead Police by Facility

DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xvdwz.jpg
Anyone else notice this?
Seems intentional by rockstar, there's orange road cones blocking him off.
Not sure why he's here though.

Edit: the cones cannot be moved, they're static items like trees and buildings.
It's not remnants of a road block as it's been there since it turned to 12/25/17

Last edited:
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xvdwz.jpg
Anyone else notice this?
Seems intentional by rockstar, there's orange road cones blocking him off.
Not sure why he's here though.
Someone just blew through a roadblock. That is the remnants.

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not stupid
Don't think I called you stupid, anywhere, so I'd belay that tone.
The cones can't be moved, he's persistent across sessions, and restarts.
What facility is this?
Where is this located? Where on what road?
If the cones are static, why has one fallen over?

Perhaps you could try to provide all necessary information in future, that way those trying to provide you with an answer do not waste their time, or accidentally insult you because you failed to provide all the relevant information.

Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't think I called you stupid, anywhere so, I'd belay that tone.

What facility is this?
Where is this located? Where on what road?
If the cones are static, why has one fallen over?

Perhaps you could try to provide all necessary information in future, that way those trying to provide you with an answer do not waste their time, or accidentally insult you because you failed to provide the necessary information.
The road South of the Zancudo facility, east of the gas station, route 68
They're both static, corpse is not

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The road South of the Zancudo facility, east of the gas station, route 68
They're both static, corpse is not
It is possible that there was some kind of CEO/VIP/MC work going on in one of your sessions and these are the leftovers. By any chance were you in a public session when you first noticed it, and have you tried clearing your cache to see if they stay in place?

You can clear your cache by holding L1 and R1 after selecting the game from the PS4 main screen. If you have done this correctly you will have to adjust the brightness etc before the game loads. Try that and if they disappear, then we know they're just leftovers. If they remain, then you might have stumbled on something interesting.

Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is possible that there was some kind of CEO/VIP/MC work going on in one of your sessions and these are the leftovers. By any chance were you in a public session when you first noticed it, and have you tried clearing your cache to see if they stay in place?

You can clear your cache by holding L1 and R1 after selecting the game from the PS4 main screen. If you have done this correctly you will have to adjust the brightness etc before the game loads. Try that and if they disappear, then we know they're just leftovers. If they remain, then you might have stumbled on something interesting.
It's been there for over 12 hours now, several sessions and 3 restarts, 4 times suspended.

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's been there for over 12 hours now, several sessions and 3 restarts, 4 times suspended.
Yes but your system cache has not been cleared in that time. Your system cache stores things just like this. It is the only way you will find out if you are correct in thinking that there is something going on here or not.

Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes but your system cache has not been cleared in that time. Your system cache stores things just like this. It is the only way you will find out if you are correct in thinking that there is something going on here or not.
I guess my uncleared cache has made it visible to other players around me. Odd

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess my uncleared cache has made it visible to other players around me. Odd
Lol ok then, have fun.

You blatantly have no idea what gets cached and why or that it can in fact infect other systems. There is a whole 'modding' scene based on using caches, its called infections. But then again, what would I know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol ok then, have fun.

You blatantly have no idea what gets cached and why or that it can in fact infect other systems. There is a whole 'modding' scene based on using caches, its called infections. But then again, what would I know.
Modding scene on ps4, non 1.76.... LOL, but what do I know

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Modding scene on ps4, non 1.76.... LOL, but what do I know
I can't even.

Where did I say that you or someone else was modding on your PS4?
I told you that there is a modding scene that uses the cache as it allows the users to infect others with modifications or menus etc, therefore telling you why others may be able to see what you see. If it weren't for the cache, you would have all sorts of things visible only to you. If you have something in your cache that the game usually renders for all players, then it does exactly that. It copies what it sees on your cache to theirs and vise versa.

If you are so sure that I am incorrect, perhaps you could try to reset your cache, even if it was just to prove me wrong.

(Definition of: cache (1) To store data locally in order to speed up subsequent retrievals. Pronounced "cash." See Web cache and browser cache. (2) Reserved areas of memory in every computer that are used to speed up instruction execution, data retrieval and data updating.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't even.

Where did I say that you or someone else was modding on your PS4?
I told you that there is a modding scene that uses the cache as it allows the users to infect others with modifications or menus etc, therefore telling you why others may be able to see what you see. If it weren't for the cache, you would have all sorts of things visible only to you. If you have something in your cache that the game usually renders for all players, then it does exactly that. It copies what it sees on your cache to theirs and vise versa.

If you are so sure that I am incorrect, perhaps you could try to reset your cache, even if it was just to prove me wrong.

(Definition of: cache (1) To store data locally in order to speed up subsequent retrievals. Pronounced "cash." See Web cache and browser cache. (2) Reserved areas of memory in every computer that are used to speed up instruction execution, data retrieval and data updating.)
Well, if there's no modding scene on ps4 v5.0 firmware, GTA V 1.42... then why claim it as a possibility of "infections"?

Upvote 0
EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What can "trying a suggestiong" hurt?

You know ur gonna lose it, or u wouldnt have asked.... 
Well, if there's no modding scene on ps4 v5.0 firmware, GTA V 1.42... then why claim it as a possibility as "infections"?
Ye of little knowledge.....
What was once not possible is now a new era

Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What can "trying a suggestiong" hurt?

You know ur gonna lose it, or u wouldnt have asked.... 

Ye of little knowledge.....
What was once not possible is now a new era
It can hurt my ability to keep trying to get my helicopter into SVW

Upvote 0
EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
He was explaining the mechanix behind your incident. The why and how its working. He is not telling you that your lobby is modded 
It can hurt my ability to keep trying to get my helicopter into SVW
Then try afterwards :banghead:
You said nothing about being in the middle of glitching :banghead:

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, if there's no modding scene on ps4 v5.0 firmware, GTA V 1.42... then why claim it as a possibility of "infections"?
No, I told you the function of the cache. I then told you why I know its function, from experience in the modding scene.

Perhaps if you tried less to argue with me, and tried to understand what I am saying, we wouldn't have wasted so much time on this.

Upvote 0
DabuNon

DabuNon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
People have so much energy to argue, but none to just log into GTA and take a damn look and see if it's a rockstar thing.

Upvote 0
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
People have so much energy to argue, but none to just log into GTA and take a damn look and see if it's a rockstar thing.
I can confirm that it definitely is not there on my PS4, which coincidentally hasn't been off in days.

Upvote 0
EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Being in the middle of a glitch can have alot of various unexplored bugs and or future glitches. Its hard to troubleshoot if we are unaware of your complete actions prior to the incident :smile:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register