What's new

Dead Island Riptide ISO Mod Freeze

J

JoonSoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I edited a lot of the files in the Data0.pak and when I went to test them out I froze right after I pressed play. Are there any patched files/files that need to be a certain size?..

If not can someone tell me why I froze? I assure you it's not a disc error.

Any help is appreciated. :smile:

R

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reaction score
I edited a lot of the files in the Data0.pak and when I went to test them out I froze right after I pressed play. Are there any patched files/files that need to be a certain size?..

If not can someone tell me why I froze? I assure you it's not a disc error.

Any help is appreciated. :smile:

I've edited the files myself as well. It depends how you edited them. Did you extract/replace/recompile using winrar correctly.

Also if you accidentally added an extra " " or you accidentally removed a bracket, most files will become corrupted. Corrupted files result in freezing.

What exactly have you edited?

J

JoonSoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I extracted with 7zip and then re-compressed the files into a winrar archive.

Edited Files:

achievements (changed a lot of the achievement requirements)
camera
cardriverparams
Credits
default_levels
inventory
inventory_gen
inventory_patch
inventory_special
odephysicswalkfly
odephysicsvehicle
odeworld.phx
zombieai.pre

Should I just try the files that I'm positive aren't corrupted and see if it works? For ex. inventory, all I did was change bullet type, damage type, ammocount, & shootmode.

R

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reaction score
Well I extracted with 7zip and then re-compressed the files into a winrar archive.

Edited Files:

achievements (changed a lot of the achievement requirements)
camera
cardriverparams
Credits
default_levels
inventory
inventory_gen
inventory_patch
inventory_special
odephysicswalkfly
odephysicsvehicle
odeworld.phx
zombieai.pre

Should I just try the files that I'm positive aren't corrupted and see if it works? For ex. inventory, all I did was change bullet type, damage type, ammocount, & shootmode.

I'd describe what you did in each file. The inventory ones should be okay, because those are simple to edit. Credits couldn't hurt either.

What did you edit in the other files? The physics along with the cardriverparams are sensitive. I don't know what you edited in odeworld.phx.

J

JoonSoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I re-burned another copy to test some files.

camera : tested and works
cardriverparams : tested and works
default_levels : tested and works
Inventory files : None of the values I changed seem to work. As I said earlier, I changed shootmode and other values etc. from using this guide : http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums...ad-island-stationary-machine-gun-modding.html

achievements : Changed a lot of the achievement requirements. For ex. I changed all the quest achievement params to "<params only_saved="true" quest_name="Intro_Ship_2" desc_text="" done_text=""/>' (which is just the first quest achievement param)

odeworld.phx : http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/GameFiles:Mods_and_Tweaks/Low_Gravity_Mod
zombieai.pr : Made default zombie size bigger by changing a number value (i think)
odephysicswalkfly : Changed "SetWaterFloat" value
odephysicsvehicle : Changed "SetWaterFloat" value

I think it's either the achievments or odeworld.phx.

Last edited:
R

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reaction score
I re-burned another copy to test some files.

camera : tested and works
cardriverparams : tested and works
default_levels : tested and works
Inventory files : None of the values I changed seem to work. As I said earlier, I changed shootmode and other values etc. from using this guide : http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums...ad-island-stationary-machine-gun-modding.html

achievements : Changed a lot of the achievement requirements. For ex. I changed all the quest achievement params to "<params only_saved="true" quest_name="Intro_Ship_2" desc_text="" done_text=""/>' (which is just the first quest achievement param)

odeworld.phx : http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/GameFiles:Mods_and_Tweaks/Low_Gravity_Mod
zombieai.pr : Made default zombie size bigger by changing a number value (i think)
odephysicswalkfly : Changed "SetWaterFloat" value
odephysicsvehicle : Changed "SetWaterFloat" value

I think it's either the achievments or odeworld.phx.

For the inventory, I bet you are changing the incorrect values if you are seeing no effect. I would try burning a disc with everything changed but achievements. I doubt it was the gravity, but that may have been patched. What does the "SetWaterFloat" value do?

I realize I'm not being too helpful, but, you say you freeze during the loading of the game. Forced to guess, I'd blame it on the achievements and/or gravity as well. Although the SetWaterFloat and zombie sizes could freeze the game, I don't think it would ever happen during loading...

Top Bottom