De-ranking and other issues.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by Nairod, Jan 26, 2009 with 7 replies and 1,368 views.

1. Nairod

Nairod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, I felt the need to spend hours researching how to boost and rather then pay for it, I wanted to boost for free. I understand the basic principle but since I have yet to try it first hand (Partly due to fear), it leaves me with a lot of questions.

I am currently lowering my acc's exp to -150ish, and then I was going to try team doubles with my friend to boost it to 50. basically, does this m,ethod still work? I understand that you have to lose exp in the specific playlist, but does the booster and boostee BOTH need to play like they would normally? So far what I understand is that thanks to the low exp it just increases your sigma to sky rocket levels, but the hitch is you still need to win, amirite?

2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Of course you still need to win. That would be completely going against halo's ranking system if you didnt need to win. Just quit out of the games then go play with your friend and then he will rank up fast.

3. prnce0

prnce0 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah this is how it works bcuz my friend got a lvl 50 in TD in like 14 games bcuz our friend would go up 7 times do to his -700 exp.Bcuz the sever only read that he was -700 it thinks he is the worst player in halo even though he has highest skill 50.:cool:

4. OP
    Nairod

Nairod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright I spent a long time chatting with a pro booster and got some answers.
    I have generic questions now.
    What is the likelihood of being banned for quitting games? The guy I talked to has never been banned and he quit 500 times, saying theat the more times you quit the better. I was told and read somewhere that -150 is an ideal number, or is it just a 'safe' number?
    Also, on my 'main account', my pride and joy, I would hate to have it banned being associated with my IP.
    So far on it I have never touched doubles, but I play a lot of lonewolves and very little TS. Is my Sigma screwed for team doubles? I figure if I just do a quick 20 games spread over 2-4 days I would be safe. Since you derank in TD I'm assuming sigma is also playlist specific, yea?

Also thanks for the feedback! It may take a day or two of waiting but if I get my answer I really appreciate it.

5. Synenergys

Synenergys Newbie

Ratings:
    depends on how much doubles you have played
    how many? ill tell you if your kinda screwed lol

my brig grade 2 had like 150 games of dubs and i was screwed ( stuck at 47 )
    me and my friend made a booster with -200
    and we got a 50 on a new account in 25 games with only 5 losses

6. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    The likelihood of getting banned is like 1 in a million. You only have to quit out of like 50 games and you will get the same affect.You pretty much just have to have a lot of losses in whatever playlist you are boosting. Also your IP doesnt get banned, Youre account might get banned and theres a small chance that your console will get banned but thats it. If your console gets banned only the account that you boosted with will get banned, so if you have other accounts you can get another xbox and use those accounts.

7. OP
    Nairod

Nairod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well my main account had never played doubles, and while I had a loss here or there I got to 34 in 12 wins, with around -110 for the booster account.

Add my booster GT: Gemeinschelm. I need someone to de-rank with/boost with/play games with if you are interested :tongue:.

Also, last question: I know you need to lose matches wit hthe account and losing exp goes with that by quitting, but lets say you lost 150 matches, but played in OTHER playlists for fun, would you still be able to boost just fine in doubles? Or does the exp loss ALSO factor in?

8. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    As long as you quit those 150 games in doubles you could still boost fine.