Dazzle Video Recorder

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by IceCreamKohn, Feb 7, 2010 with 8 replies and 123 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When i record with my white Dazzle, I beleive its the DVC 100, the footage sometimes skips or slows down or speeds up. Pretty much what im saying is that at some points the footage is not normal. I use Instant DVD to record. And when i see the footage in the little picture it sometimes freezes.... Anyone know why?

2. Soviet Pro

Soviet Pro Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, it depends on your hardware or your actual capture card :rolleyes:

Either you don't have enough RAM and the system renders video files slowly or the capture card is messed up.

3. OP
    IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. StylohyoiD

StylohyoiD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Pinnacle studio > anything when recording with a dazle

5. OP
    IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:

I don't have it though.

6. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Pinnacle studio is a waste of time by my oppinion, you can get the vegas 9.0 30-day trial or even just use windows movie maker like me. It has all the necessary features I need like cutting, custom title/credits, and basic transitions-but it only exports in WMV2/WMA2 format, which you could already guess it'd do anyway :thumbdown:, which isn't even that bad.

But continuing on your recording problem, there's a few things I can tell you that might help your situation:

1. Defrag Your Hard Drive: When you're recording, your hdd is working its butt off trying to keep up with the extreme data burden that's being put on it, having fragmented files everywhere scattered around isn't going to help it. Plus-you should be doing this on a regular schedule anyway.

Programs: Windows Disk Defragmenter (start, all programs, accessories, system tools, disk defragmenter) or Defraggler (from Piraform, the people who make CCleaner)

2. Record onto a New, Faster External Hard Drive: Ok so this may help you but I have my doubts about the speed of the USB 2.0 connection. Preferably find one that's empty and format it to NTFS via right clicking the device in the My Computer, Right Click, Format Menu.

3. Update to the Latest Instant DVD Recorder Program: Here's the link to the official Pinnacle Systems page with the downloads at the bottom for XP, VISTA 32, and VISTA 64.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...Updates/IDVDR261.htm?mode=documents&Display=1

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:
  8. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah, I had some problems when I first got this program/hardware, but after solving them, it's a very good recorder, even though I think my specific recorder(DVC100) is a little damaged/defective because the very bottom row of pixels is displaying fuzzy white and black OR the bottom is fine but a white and black alternating bar is shown at the top.

[​IMG]
    ^Not Moving and Not Very Distracting

[​IMG]
    ^Moving and Very Distracting

9. OP
    IceCreamKohn

IceCreamKohn Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is the DVC 100 the white one? And also i have Sony Vegas Pro but i haven't tried to use it.