DayZ Steam help!

• Thread starter Sight
  • Start date
  • Views 430
S

Sight

God's Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey guys so i recently bought DayZ along with the Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA so i could play the DayZ. I bought all this off steam, I cannot play on any servers though, i have tried to research it but cant find any solutions. the errors it gives me varies. Sometimes it wont let me even load up the game, sometimes it says my CD Key is not registered, and sometimes it says some graphics file is invalid or something... If anyone could help that would be amazing! Thanks.

C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
are you trying to run a mod for dayZ?, or did you install DayZ through steam and not DayZ commander

S

Sight

God's Apprentice
Reaction score
I downloaded the DayZ mod from steam, how do i get the dayZ commander, and what would i do to use it?

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Hey guys so i recently bought DayZ along with the Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA so i could play the DayZ. I bought all this off steam, I cannot play on any servers though, i have tried to research it but cant find any solutions. the errors it gives me varies. Sometimes it wont let me even load up the game, sometimes it says my CD Key is not registered, and sometimes it says some graphics file is invalid or something... If anyone could help that would be amazing! Thanks.

If everything is downloaded correctly make sure you run each individual game once, download and install dayz commander, once thats done, in DC look at the settings and make sure the two settings are ticked 'Replace with OA steam beta so it works'' (something like that) and 'Launch using steam'. Then go the the versions tab and install the latest beta patch. Once thats done also download the latest dayz version (1.8.0.2) i think and you should be done. Refresh all server list and pick a server that has your version. (filter down the search via choosing the 'Dayz mod only'.

S

Sight

God's Apprentice
Reaction score
If everything is downloaded correctly make sure you run each individual game once, download and install dayz commander, once thats done, in DC look at the settings and make sure the two settings are ticked 'Replace with OA steam beta so it works'' (something like that) and 'Launch using steam'. Then go the the versions tab and install the latest beta patch. Once thats done also download the latest dayz version (1.8.0.2) i think and you should be done. Refresh all server list and pick a server that has your version. (filter down the search via choosing the 'Dayz mod only'.
So i did all that but when i try and download the latest DayZ version (1.8.0.2) it says i dont have enough disk space on my 2nd drive. I went to look because i shouldve had enough and it put all the bohemia interactive (DayZ) files on that drive, This is my D: drive and ALL my other programs and files are on my C: drive. Do i need to keep these files? or can i delete them for more room?

D

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
So i did all that but when i try and download the latest DayZ version (1.8.0.2) it says i dont have enough disk space on my 2nd drive. I went to look because i shouldve had enough and it put all the bohemia interactive (DayZ) files on that drive, This is my D: drive and ALL my other programs and files are on my C: drive. Do i need to keep these files? or can i delete them for more room?

?.

What?

You have to keep all your dayz and arma files together lol.. Just delete some junk or something and have like 500mb on the partition where you have arma + dayz.

L

LGTxPanda

Check out my custom controller shop!
Reaction score
The best way I have found
  1. reinstall all arma games/addons(arma2,OA,Beta)
  2. play each at least once for I would say about 2 or so minutes
  3. Download dayz commander
  4. Click yellow button says: Install/Update
  5. Update arma 2(I cant remember what for arma 2 but install arma 2 files{ON TOP})
  6. Install Dayz(Map of choice or mod of choice)
  7. Play

Let me know if this works, I made a youtube video on it decades ago and seemed to work for a lot of people, but idk what to do about you not having any space.

Top Bottom